This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the PS Store not working for anyone else?

#1majin_shenmuePosted 4/2/2013 8:59:47 AM
I can't navigate within the store. The only button that works on my controller is the "PS" button. No matter what I press, the cursor stays stuck highlighting the "Welcome" link. Yes I've tried exiting the store and loading it back up. I've tried shutting down my system. And I've also tried searching GameFAQ boards.

This is the first time I've tried to get on the store since the RE6 came out back in September. Which means I had to download the newly update PS Store.
#2majin_shenmue(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 9:20:06 AM
Anyone?
#3Relient_KPosted 4/2/2013 9:38:25 AM
I just bought my PS3 yesterday and I haven't been able to access it yet. It just says it is down for maintenance.
---
We all ate the biscuits, Fighter. We can all see through time. [ER]
#4majin_shenmue(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 9:41:23 AM
Wow, what the crap? Thanks for the reply. Glad the know I'm not the only one.
#5gtaking5Posted 4/2/2013 9:48:26 AM
The store usually "goes down for maintenance" on Tuesdays to prepare for the updates. It'll be back to normal soon enough.
---
Gonna take it further, get away with murder
And no one here is getting out alive
#6Relient_KPosted 4/2/2013 2:32:16 PM
Can anyone confirm that the PSN is still down? I've tried several times and keep getting the same "down for maintenance" message. Like I said, just got my PS3 and would like to check it out.
---
#7RobobroPosted 4/2/2013 2:35:37 PM
Good thing I got on the PS Store about an hour earlier and started downloading Demon's Souls. Wish I had put the Injustice demo on the download que tho.
#8Relient_KPosted 4/2/2013 4:55:08 PM
Hello? Can someone help me please? Thus far all I've gotten is a message that says "this service is currently undergoing maintenance". From topics I've seen here it seems to be working fine for everyone else today. What is my problem?
---
#9majin_shenmue(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 5:45:37 PM
Problem discovered and solved

When Sony made a change, they made a change for the worst. The new store is only meant for broadband and DSL users. I'm neither. So basically my wireless connection wasn't fast enough to use the store. When I connected directly to my modem, my connection became *just* fast enough to use the store.

If this is the direction Sony is going, I fear for the future.
#10crazyman32Posted 4/2/2013 5:53:59 PM(edited)
The store has been working just fine on my PS3.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.