This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fallout or elder scrolls?

#11DocDeliciousPosted 4/2/2013 2:21:15 PM
Black Isle Fallout.
Pre-Oblivion Elder Scrolls.

Because I'm hip as a motherf*****.
---
Disgaea 4, Siren: Blood Curse, Rayman Origins, Grand Theft Auto IV, Vanquish, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Urban Trials, Monster Hunter FU
#12SlaynWilderGL3Posted 4/2/2013 2:25:13 PM
elken posted...
both are crap

If you want to play a good open world rpg, get World of Warcraft. the best MMO ever.

ROFLMFAO, try harder.
---
Star Wars fans please like The Imperial Fleet facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Imperial-Fleet/462605397130503
#13silly_sausagePosted 4/2/2013 2:30:12 PM
It's funny, I've always hated games set in post-apocalyptic wastelands, with guns and stuff, while I've always loved medieval fantasy games, with swords and knights and stuff.

Yet I just couldn't get into the Elder Scrolls games, while Fallout 3 and New Vegas have become some of my favourite games of all time.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#14kupo1705Posted 4/2/2013 2:39:39 PM
Fallout, duh.
The only TES that comes anywhere near Fallout 1/2/NV is Morrowind.
#15Travarkas57Posted 4/2/2013 3:17:17 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
Elder Scrolls is Fallout in the future? Do you have that backwards or is the continuity awesome like that?

BTW, Fallout. A thousand times, Fallout.

The nukes brought back magic and elves are just mutant humans. The AI's became the gods after they evolved past the need for a physical computer. Or I just makeing stuff up but it still makes more sense then CHIM

Adventure Time?
---
T r a v a r k a s 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#16CrimsonCorpPosted 4/2/2013 3:36:36 PM
jrr18 posted...
theatrical_cat posted...
Elder Scrolls is Fallout in the future? Do you have that backwards or is the continuity awesome like that?

The nukes brought back magic and elves are just mutant humans. The AI's became the gods after they evolved past the need for a physical computer. Or I just makeing stuff up but it still makes more sense then CHIM

I think your crazy theory is 100 times more interesting, understandable, and preferable than that CHIM nonsense... Just hearing people like rebel explain that in the skyrim forums makes my headhurt bad.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#17kupo1705Posted 4/2/2013 3:40:52 PM
CrimsonCorp posted...
jrr18 posted...
theatrical_cat posted...

I think your crazy theory is 100 times more interesting, understandable, and preferable than that CHIM nonsense... Just hearing people like rebel explain that in the skyrim forums makes my headhurt bad.

It's pretty easy.
Everything in TES doesn't actually exist, it's all a dream of the sleeping god.
Those who realize this either disappear or are able to use it to their advantage.
Kind of how when you realize you're dreaming you either wake up or end up in a lucid dream.
This is very rare though.
#18CrimsonCorpPosted 4/2/2013 3:48:16 PM
hmm that is infinitely more preferable the Benz0r's;

"...However, that isn't the end of things. If you can take the knowledge, and yet love yourself and your existence so much that you can resist it, you can look the entirety of Everything in the face and say the opposite.

No, I Am.

By doing that, holding these two contradictory elements within yourself, you can return to the first brush of Anu and Padomay. You reside within your Tower, the Eternal I, and have achieved CHIM. You have gone back upstream, defying the eternal subgradience, and become one with the Godhead. You perceive both yourself, as the Ruling King, and you perceive the Godhead. You are, for all intents and purposes, omnipotent.

Also realise that this is not a matter of logic, because logic and the entire universe is saying that no, you don't exist. You quite literally can vanish in a puff of logic (several Moth Priests have done so, seeing the zero-sum, or +1 and -1 put together equaling zero, as the highest form of oneness with everything), unless you have the sheer force of spirit, the purest faith, to deny it and achieve your Tower. It's a fine line to walk. Lose the knowledge, and you go back to sleep. Lose the faith, and you vanish from reality forever. This is why CHIM, the Ehlnofex sigil, is constantly shifting and changing, prone to coming apart with the slightest break in concentration.

This is flawed, of course - there is a downside. If you perceive yourself as a totality, you tend to become detached from it. There is no need to do anything, because you are everything. Why did Talos not just end the Oblivion Crisis personally? Because he is Everything. Do you cut off your left hand because it currently annoys your right? No, of course you don't. It's just a part of you, like everything else is.

Now, this isn't taking you all the way. Nor does CHIM mean you can never "lose a fight" (for lack of a better term). After all, Talos is "more powerful" than Vivec, yet they are both Ruling Kings, and the Ruling King who perceives in another his equal rules nothing. And, of course, Talos has the Enantiomorphic relationship on his side as well, which is another Walking Way.

But there is one final step. The ending stage, final point. It's called Z, the Amaranth. It is where the things you dream wake up, they wail knowing free will, and become dreamers yourselves. It is a new universe. You become your own Godhead, but not only do you perceive yourself, you perceive your children, who perceive both themselves and you, who perceive yourself and them, and they perceive you, and it continues onward forever throughout eternity. It is the ultimate goal of everything to reach that place. And nobody has achieved the Amaranth yet. If CHIM is a selfish love (the ultimate selfishness), then the Amaranth, I have heard it compared to, is the love of a parent for their children.

So that's CHIM. Becoming a Ruling King is interesting. The Daedra Princes know of it, for example - Vivec gained the word CHIM from Molag Bal. They share a relationship to the Ruling King that is equitable to the relationship of royalty, of Princes and Kings, but cannot achieve it."

this is just 1 of 3 parts.... I don't want to spam the topic by including them as well.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#19kupo1705Posted 4/2/2013 3:53:24 PM
Well there's more to it, and it can be interpreted in many different ways.
I read all the 36 Lessons of Vivec, and I'm still not sure what it's all about.
The best thing is just to forget about it.
#20EnclavePosted 4/2/2013 3:56:51 PM
I assume you mean Fallout 3? Rather than the awesome Fallout games?
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.