This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the benefit of buying digital PS3 games over physical PS3 games?

#21Sez6Posted 4/2/2013 1:57:20 PM
In méxico digital games don't pay taxes, so you save the 15% tax in the country and you save import taxes too.

For example, new physical games cost around 78 us in méxico, while digital only 60.
#22IdTheDestroyerPosted 4/2/2013 3:36:27 PM
The main reason that I buy a lot of digital games is because of the PS3's game sharing feature. I have a real life friend that I share with. We have each others accounts. Sometimes I buy the game. Sometimes he does. Sometimes we put in half.

It's better that way when buying games with co-op or games we both wanna play but don't wanna wait on the other to finish it 1st. With that said I still do buy more disc games then digital but only ones that I definitely want in my collection or ones that are disc only.
---
XBL:IdTheDestroyer8 PSN:IdTheDestroyer
#23SixSixSevenEighPosted 4/2/2013 4:18:14 PM
djruden posted...
If you wanted to buy a classic out of print game like Final Fantasy 7 it would cost you almost $300 for a physical copy. Digital is only $10.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-Playstation/dp/B00000JRSB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364934595&sr=8-1&keywords=Final+Fantasy+7

Price: $289.99

Read the title.
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678
#24Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 4/2/2013 6:01:34 PM
One of the major benefits of buying digital is that when you blu-ray drive goes out you can still play a lot of games without the need to repair. Also they take up less space physically of course. The downside is absolutely no resell value or even value at all besides the link to your account. But if you are nearing the time when you have to buy a 3rd PS3 this gen thanks to faulty construction than you will have ended up losing a lot of money thanks to the limitation on how many times you can download the games. That is the most negative aspect of digital distribution, the limitations on downloads and what you can do with it, that's what makes it more of a rental/subscription since you don't own the product outright forever.
#25este914Posted 4/2/2013 6:03:36 PM
The first 3 responses nailed it
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#26brycemorrPosted 4/2/2013 6:13:19 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
Sorry you lack the intelligence needed to understand sch a simple concept. Allow me to list some benefits.

Faster than going to the store
Less wear and tear on your Blu Ray drive
2 copies of the game for the price of one
Can't lose/break
Having all your games on your HDD means no disk swapping

If yo have 2 systems.

The only disadvantage to going digital is it fills up a hard drive quickly.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84