This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sonic adventure 1 and 2 are overrated

#1HomerSimpson89Posted 4/2/2013 1:34:50 PM
Its funny how most those fans disliked sonic unleashed because werehog
when Adventure series has even more gimmicks and about 20& the whole game is about sonic gameplay- Fishing treasure hunting amy chase levels random shoot crap levels
Horrible games that should be forgotten Sonic generations is the first great 3d sonic game and they should continue make only sonic gamplay
#2RyuuHou25Posted 4/2/2013 1:36:56 PM
Uh, both adventure games from what I generally hear are not overly well liked. They're not universally hated, but they're also not 'OMG best game ever' from most people.

Wouldn't really call them overrated.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3theatrical_catPosted 4/2/2013 1:37:19 PM
They sure are. I love SA2, but I know the game's flawed to hell. SA1 is very obviously awful though; at least 2 has some good to weigh against the bad. 1 was crap from beginning to end.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#4theatrical_catPosted 4/2/2013 1:37:43 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Uh, both adventure games from what I generally hear are not overly well liked. They're not universally hated, but they're also not 'OMG best game ever' from most people.

You've never met a single Sonic fan then.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#5xWantPosted 4/2/2013 1:45:51 PM
Meh, not the best games already but good for its time. Unleashed was also decent. If I had to rate again. Genesis>Adventure>Generation>Colors>Unleashed. Everything else was complete garbage.
---
Currently Playing :Persona 4 Arena, HDN Victory
PSN : AntiGenjou
#6AnonUnknownPosted 4/2/2013 1:54:42 PM
Says HomerSimpson89...
#7RyuuHou25Posted 4/2/2013 1:54:56 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

You've never met a single Sonic fan then.

I'm a Sonic fan. I have ridiculous amounts of Sonic merchandise, nearly all the comics from Archie, all the PS3 games, and Adventures and Adventures 2. I've literally never heard anyone else who likes or loves or is over the top fanboyish about Sonic overly praise and claim Adventures is some gift from the heavens.

I've seen a few online of course, but general consensus is that they're meh to average games. They have some good parts, but overall are nothing special.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#8rikusora50Posted 4/2/2013 2:07:01 PM
Biggest Sonic fan I know. Greatest game is Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Adventure games are cool. Not the greatest, just cool. The soundtracks are boss. Surprised this topic isn't about how great Crash is.
---
When pointing a gun at Kevin Mask's head, don't count to 3, count to 10. That way, you get to live 7 seconds longer.-smithkakarot
#9Innakki2Posted 4/2/2013 2:38:33 PM
In SA1, if I so much as looked at the game funny I'd end up falling through the ground... It's a glitchy piece of trash with boring gameplay segments and very bad voice acting.

SA2, I can't speak for as I have never played it.
---
PSN: Azureikaru
Makoto Main
#10Stanger5150Posted 4/2/2013 2:48:08 PM
I love Adventure, but Adventure 2 is ok sometimes, and really s***** other times.

They aren't overrated though, because many people love them. Who the f*** am I to tell them they're wrong?
---
PSN- BlackRain8782