This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sonic adventure 1 and 2 are overrated

#11GuardianShadow0Posted 4/2/2013 3:12:33 PM
Chao Garden
---
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RYXYmYq3kWc
#12Brocken_JrPosted 4/2/2013 3:13:06 PM
You know me the fightin freak Knuckles, and were at Pumpkin Hill, you ready? I aint gonna let it get to me, im just gonna creep. Down at pumpkin hill i gots to find my lost piece. I know that its here, i sense it in my feet. The great emeralds power allows me to feel. I cant see a thing, but its around somewhere. I gotta hold my head, i have no fear. This probably seems crazy crazy a graveyard theory. A ghost tried to approach me, he got leerey. I ask him a question and he vanished in a second. Im walkin through valleys, cryin pumpkins in the alleys. Didnt seem happy, but they sure tried to get me. Had to back'em up with the fist metal crack'em. Im hearin someone sayin you a chicken, dont be scared. It had to be the wind cause nobody wasnt there. I searched and i searched as i climbed up the wall. And then i started to fly, i went in deeper. Let it get to ME? Im just gonna creep. Down at pumpkin hill i gots to find my lost piece. I know that its here, i sense it in my feet. The great emeralds power allows me to feel. I cant see a thing, but its around somewhere. I gotta hold my head, i have no fear. This probably seems crazy crazy a graveyard theory. A ghost tried to approach me, he got leerey. This is Knuckles, my fear is none. Its real deal when it comes to my name kid.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTK09bY_AYk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4phZ0_iDwM
#13xWantPosted 4/2/2013 3:31:43 PM
Brocken_Jr posted...
You know me the fightin freak Knuckles, and were at Pumpkin Hill, you ready? I aint gonna let it get to me, im just gonna creep. Down at pumpkin hill i gots to find my lost piece. I know that its here, i sense it in my feet. The great emeralds power allows me to feel. I cant see a thing, but its around somewhere. I gotta hold my head, i have no fear. This probably seems crazy crazy a graveyard theory. A ghost tried to approach me, he got leerey. I ask him a question and he vanished in a second. Im walkin through valleys, cryin pumpkins in the alleys. Didnt seem happy, but they sure tried to get me. Had to back'em up with the fist metal crack'em. Im hearin someone sayin you a chicken, dont be scared. It had to be the wind cause nobody wasnt there. I searched and i searched as i climbed up the wall. And then i started to fly, i went in deeper. Let it get to ME? Im just gonna creep. Down at pumpkin hill i gots to find my lost piece. I know that its here, i sense it in my feet. The great emeralds power allows me to feel. I cant see a thing, but its around somewhere. I gotta hold my head, i have no fear. This probably seems crazy crazy a graveyard theory. A ghost tried to approach me, he got leerey. This is Knuckles, my fear is none. Its real deal when it comes to my name kid.

/thread. This person easily won the thread.
---
Currently Playing :Persona 4 Arena, HDN Victory
PSN : AntiGenjou
#14akuma634Posted 4/2/2013 4:15:58 PM
This "I didn't like it as much as everyone else so it has to be overrated" crap needs to die. People should be forced to use a dictionary to understand what words really mean.
#15blackwaltz3Posted 4/2/2013 4:43:22 PM
I remembered liking them a lot but the games have aged horribly
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds
#16este914Posted 4/2/2013 4:53:40 PM
Its funny, I was a HUGE Sonic fan in the 90s but when SA1 came out on Dreamcast .... I just could not get into it. I don't know. It didn't have a good flow to it. It was OK once you get into it ... But certainly not my favorite Sonic game at all.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#17Lord_XandrosPosted 4/2/2013 4:55:01 PM
All I can say is SA 1 and 2 were the dogs bollocks back in the day. I would play them everyday and have so much fun. 3D graphics was fairly new and amazing to look at.

I can only assume TC grew up or started gaming with the PS2, GC or XBOX, because a lot of reasons why old games are praised is because of nostalgia - we remember the good times we had playing the games.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy
#18Banjo2553Posted 4/2/2013 5:19:32 PM
Yeah, the two games didn't age too well, especially when there are better 3D Sonic games out now, but I just really like Adventure 2 for some reason, even if 1/3 of the gameplay is actually enjoyable to me.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#19Stanger5150Posted 4/2/2013 5:59:18 PM
Lord_Xandros posted...
All I can say is SA 1 and 2 were the dogs bollocks back in the day. I would play them everyday and have so much fun. 3D graphics was fairly new and amazing to look at.

I can only assume TC grew up or started gaming with the PS2, GC or XBOX, because a lot of reasons why old games are praised is because of nostalgia - we remember the good times we had playing the games.

I disagree with the nostalgia argument. Every negative thing I say about old games, I said when they were new as well. I don't like playing early 3D games, because they didn't impress me then. I always thought they moved to 3D too soon, and it's obvious when you compare the aesthetics of DKC to the original Tomb Raider for example. I didn't enjoy a 3D game until Super Mario 64 launched, because it's so much smoother than any 3D game the PlayStation and Saturn could handle.

I believe to this day that the N64 was the first system that could handle 3D well enough. As far as the Dreamcast, my issues with Sonic Adventure 2 have nothing at all to do with hardware limitations, because they're the same issues I had with it when it first came out.

There are very few PS1 games that use polygons (without any pre-rendered backgrounds like FF VII) that are playable to me. I felt that way in 1995 as well.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782