This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix's New President Plans To Review The Entire Company

#81GunzleaderPosted 4/3/2013 4:26:18 PM
you even so much as touch xiv your geting my foot up your freaking ass!!!! leave xiv alone mr se presiden.
---
Persona series ftw. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#82namethatno1usesPosted 4/3/2013 4:30:30 PM
So does this means any announced, but not released game might get the axe?

Goodbye Versus.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#83zero8691Posted 4/3/2013 5:09:23 PM
Omega posted...
Robobro posted...
Omega posted...
FF6 through 8, FF10 and 10-2 were not medieval fantasy games.

And the FF3 series is fine. Just because you don't like it does not mean that it is bad. Cursing also does not validate your opinion,

First of all, you should really learn what cursing means. I did not curse, because asterisks (*) are not cursing. Also, bad words are not cursing. If I were to put a curse on someone it would start out like, "boil, boil toil and trouble". Also, there is nothing wrong with bad words because they are just letters of the alphabet mixed together. You should grow up and learn that just because letters are in a certain order do not make them bad.

The FF3 series is just fine. However, the FF13 series is definitely NOT fine.

"FF6 through 8, FF10 and 10-2 were not medieval fantasy games." - never did I say they were, hotshot. I'm just saying they need to go back to being traditional Final Fantasy.

Oh and Final Fantasy 6 is definitely medieval with castles and knights and medieval style villages. Final Fantasy 9 is also definitely medieval with all the castles, knights and medieval villages.

zero8691 posted...
Sounds good except for the ATB, That **** is boring. Make it a Action RPG <3.

Gross, oh good god, no. No awful Kingdom Hearts / Crisis Core hack and slash combat, no way. I want the turn based combat that made me fall in love with Final Fantasy in the first place.

Clearly I meant the FF13 series, which is fine. Ad FF6 is not medieval. It's science fiction fantasy. :)

Sorry son, your arguing skills are awful and whatever points you're trying to make have been presented very poorly. I give you a C-. No one will take you seriously when you litter your posts with profanity and try to insult or demean other posters.

Yeah, its soooo littered with profanity. You took me seriously :O!. Not many people like turn based, it sucks. It was fine 10 years ago now it just needs to die.
---
If Judeo-Christian God exists, he creates and destroys indiscriminately. He loves and hates all. That's pretty badass
#84elusivePosted 4/3/2013 5:40:01 PM
Robobro posted...
Rob_the_Ninja posted...
I’d like to fundamentally review what works and what doesn’t work for our company, then cast all of our resources towards extending what makes us successful and thoroughly squeezing out what doesn’t.

What doesn't work (what's out)

Final Fantasy XIII series
Toriyama (fired)
non-traditional Final Fantasy elements
graphics over gameplay (flash over substance)

What works (what is in)

turn based ATB
world map
controllable airship and vehicles
more medieval settings
classic Final Fantasy elements

As Chappelle put it... Its a celebration b****es!
---
Feel'n splendiful... "This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me." DA F************* ???
#85blackhrtPosted 4/3/2013 10:01:31 PM
Theofficefan is correct in that the approach to Final Fantasy XIII is different.
But what folks saw was that something was wrong. Things were too different. Things didn't have the cohesion of a Final Fantasy game.

My sample size of RPG's played is short compared to some of you, but I recommended Final Fantasy XIII-2 when folks ask me since its miles better. Final Fantasy XIII is whack because:

-Missions. Turned from challenging to downright ridiculous. Play mission 64 and tell me that was fun.
-Weapon upgrades. If this is some "new" system, then go back to the old system of weapon upgrades: Make us find them or do like Final Fantasy 7 you have to have a certain party member active to get a weapon.
-Abilities. Why did they give an enemy a weakness to earth? THERE IS NO EARTH ATTACK! What happened? did the programmer for the abilities drink too much sake that day?
-Summons. Leave out the "ride a summon" crap. Leave in the "summon fights next to you" if you're going to abandon the summons like they were in previous gen. Also why only SIX? What happened to Choco/Mog, Hades, Leviathan, Bahamut Neo, Kjata, Typhoon, Yojimbo? You've created a roster Square, use it!!

-Random issues. The battle star rating was crap. It was inconsistent too.
Why do they have info on enemies you never fight? Bismarck? Atomos? wth?
Why do so many enemies have 5 weaknesses but are immune to physical and magic attacks?
Why did they do so good on presentation of the game but then screw up on the ACTUAL game? The flaws are too insistent throughout the game. And this isn't hindsight. I took my time through this game, taking it was it was giving me and I didn't come away happy I played it.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#86Pale HorsemanPosted 4/3/2013 10:26:16 PM
FF13 did so well that FF13-2 must of sold as much as the first one right? Oh wait...no FF13 sold over 6 million units, while FF13-2 sold only 2-3 million.
Face it, people were disappointed with FF13, and for me personally it is the only FF game I have not finished due to crappy story and horrible characters (I know personal preference blah blah blah). I will be surprised if FF13-3 even beat ff13-2 sales.
But seriously, the game isn't what people are looking for, they want a FF7 remake.
---
BreadGolem: We never killed Native Americans, they got sick!
#87theofficefan99Posted 4/3/2013 10:29:23 PM(edited)
Pale Horseman posted...
FF13 did so well that FF13-2 must of sold as much as the first one right? Oh wait...no FF13 sold over 6 million units, while FF13-2 sold only 2-3 million.
Face it, people were disappointed with FF13, and for me personally it is the only FF game I have not finished due to crappy story and horrible characters (I know personal preference blah blah blah). I will be surprised if FF13-3 even beat ff13-2 sales.
But seriously, the game isn't what people are looking for, they want a FF7 remake.

Would you guys seriously stop asking for a damn FF7 remake?

FF7 is fine as-is. The only real problem with 7 is the quality of the translation, but many people love the story and characters despite this issue. 7 doesn't need to be touched. It's fine.

Perhaps remake 5 and 6 on portables, but other than that, move the hell on and focus on creating high-quality new games in a timely manner.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#88THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/3/2013 10:31:52 PM
Everybody associated with Final Fantasy 13 needs to be fired... Also get Nomura to stop making fashion and perfumes and back to working on games.

Final Fantasy needs a break experiment on the Saga series, Musashi, or the Mana series instead....Atleast those can't get any worse.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#89THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/3/2013 10:35:02 PM
The good new is if things get any worse the chances of the fabled "FF7 Remake" goes up a bunch.....They'll go to the last resort.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#90blackhrtPosted 4/3/2013 10:38:16 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Pale Horseman posted...

Would you guys seriously stop asking for a damn FF7 remake?

FF7 is fine as-is. The only real problem with 7 is the quality of the translation, but many people love the story and characters despite this issue. 7 doesn't need to be touched. It's fine.

Perhaps remake 5 and 6 on portables, but other than that, move the hell on and focus on creating high-quality new games in a timely manner.

As it is right now? Square needs to take more time to figure out how to get development of their flagship series completed without someone getting fired or without major arguments resulting in mish mash games getting put on the shelf.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."