This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did you like FFXIII?

#51Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/3/2013 5:50:54 AM
kel25 posted...
Nope. The only good thing I can say about the game was that it had nice graphics. I hated or disliked everything else about the game.

I have to admit that I am a little surprised that the votes are this close considering the huge drop in sales between 13 and 13-2.

FINAL FANTASY XIII is a Main installment.
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is a side game to a Main installment.
FINAL FANTASY Dimensions is a spinoff.

A Main FINAL FANTASY installment almost always sells better than a side game, which almost always sells better than a spinoff.
That's the general FINAL FANTASY way.

In fact, FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is the number #2 Best-Selling Side Game in the history of the FINAL FANTASY franchise, only behind FINAL FANTASY X-2 (which is a paradox in FINAL FANTASY history).

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 sold phenomenally for a side game.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#52buffy720Posted 4/3/2013 6:00:00 AM
I'm kind of in the middle. I don't hate the game, but I don't quite enjoy it enough to actually say I like it. Now XIII-2, I did honestly like that game. Will it be enough for me to purchase LR when it comes out? Doubtful.
---
"You're right. I am a weapon. Every cell in my body is aching for a fight. They long to collide with their anti-existence." ~ Jr.
#53Infini22Posted 4/3/2013 6:03:15 AM
Definitely yes, but not as much as the other games of the series. Nostalgia might be skewing my perception a bit.
#54PressStartPlzPosted 4/3/2013 6:07:43 AM
No, not really. Hated the story, battle system, linearity, lack of towns, and overall pacing. Admittedly, I never finished the game, because I got stuck on a certain boss battle on Chapter 9. The battle system's faults really came into play for me at that point- namely, with the paradigm system. I would have to start over because my Medic didn't heal the right person in time, or something like that. It felt like it was more luck-based, really. I'm told that the sequel fixes all of the problems the first one had, but I hate FFXIII so much that I don't see myself finishing it any time soon.

On the positive side, the music is pretty good. Not as good as Uematsu's work, but some of the songs in the game are awesome, especially the battle themes.
---
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
-Mark Twain
#55L0ZPosted 4/3/2013 6:09:18 AM
yes except the bosses that use that timer spell. countdown to insta death is bs
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#56Oskar_Kokoshka9Posted 4/3/2013 6:12:55 AM
No.
---
PSN: Oskar_Kokoshka99
#57user_ptPosted 4/3/2013 6:15:36 AM
Yes, I did. Very much actually. Sure, it isn't on the top 3 of the Final Fantasy series, but it is still a very likeable game, and I enjoyed it enough to replay it.
#58Shadowed_ZomaPosted 4/3/2013 6:15:37 AM
FFXIII is the first game in over 20 years of playing videogames that I actually really hated. There are games I dislike sure, but then I just don't play them. For some reason though, this one really got under my skin. Even though I know it's adjectivally not that bad I really can't stand it.
#59DarkMasterShakePosted 4/3/2013 6:23:49 AM
I hate it. I hate people who think its an ok game. I hate when people call it a Final Fantasy game because its only that by name and nothing else. Wasted 60 dollars on it, and SE can't even port Type O. Or release Versus 13. I hate the people who got the sequel and let's SE stuff their pockets for releasing s***.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#60IAMlnDiGNaTioNPosted 4/3/2013 6:36:05 AM
It's not exactly my favorite in the series but yeah.