This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why aren't more people furious that SE LIED TO US?

#41Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/3/2013 3:57:02 PM(edited)
shinra35800 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
shinra35800 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
shinra35800 posted...
It has nothing to do with the main game.

It is like what FFT is to FFXII.

No, no. FINAL FANTASY Tactics is a canon sequel to FINAL FANTASY XII.

FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII is to FINAL FANTASY XIII the same thing that FINAL FANTASY V is to FINAL FANTASY III.

The share a Mythos.

FINAL FANTASY XIII / FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII share the Fabula Nova Crystallis Mythos.
FINAL FANTASY I-V/Dimensions/4HoL share the FINAL FANTASY Crystal Mythos.

nope, it's like i said. you got it twisted.

lol no.
Are you even sure you know anything about FINAL FANTASY? Ivalice? Crystal Mythos? Fabula Nova Crystallis?

Name one thing that directly ties tactics to 12.......

versus xiii shares "the mythos" of xiii.
ff12 shares "the mythos" of tactics.

of those 4 titles, nothing is a direct sequel. having taking place that long between each other and having no linking stories does not mean sequel. it is a different story in that same universe. try harder.

read last 2 sentences in the first paragraph:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII

Why are you trying to present the argument as if I said FINAL FANTASY XIII connects with FINAL FANTASYVersus XIII?
They share Mythos. Nothing more.

On the other hand, FINAL FANTASY Tactics is de facto connected to FINAL FANTASY XII, as is Tactics Advance, Tactics Advance 2, Vagrant Story, Revenant Wings, and even Crystal Defenders.
They don't share Mythos, they're canonically connected, taking place in different Years in the history of Ivalice, unlike the FFXIII/Type-0/FFVXIII or FFI-V/Dimensions/4HoL situation, which just share Mythos.

And LOL at "try harder".

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#423D3Posted 4/3/2013 4:21:52 PM
We've all pretty much lost hope in a sense. I'm furious about it since I've been wanting it since 06 which was 7 years ago when I was still in high school HOLY ****.

I'm just grateful if it ever comes out whether it be for the PS3 or PS4.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#43GunzleaderPosted 4/3/2013 4:28:44 PM
rather have my chrono break. pee on vs 13 lol.
---
Persona series ftw. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#44shinra35800Posted 4/3/2013 4:38:08 PM(edited)
@Spiroth_Kweehh:

u obviously don't know what mythos means. TRY HARDER.

quote: "Although using the same Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology as Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, Lightning Returns and Type-0, the title is not directly related to any of them."

I REPEAT: ...not directly related to any of them.

FFT series: each one = ...not directly related to any of them.

and btw:
MYTHOS:
1.The pattern of basic values and attitudes of a people, characteristically transmitted through myths and the arts.
2. the underlying system of beliefs, esp. those dealing with supernatural forces, characteristic of a particular cultural group.
3. the interrelationship of value structures and historical experiences of a people, usually given expression through the arts.

inb4mythostopicsalldowntheboard.
#45ManinstagnatePosted 4/3/2013 5:07:53 PM
Eveyone lies tc get use to it
#46ShinXaguraPosted 4/3/2013 11:05:50 PM
Pereb27 posted...
Companies lie to their customers all the time.

---
To fight is to live. To live is to fight.
#47TheTrueNubPosted 4/3/2013 11:20:08 PM
Just because the PS4 will be out doesn't mean that Versus can't be on the PS3.

Persona 4 released on the PS2 in 2008
God of War 2 released on the PS2 in 2007
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#48TheCalibratorPosted 4/3/2013 11:24:33 PM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
Damn you, Eidos. Damn you and your Western developers!

Awesome. Another weaboo troll.
#49BrutalBrockenPosted 4/3/2013 11:45:40 PM
balmung2100 posted...
This is one of the problems I have with this generation of gamers. People want to act like a victim about everything. "F naw! They lied!! Why ain't y'all mad!? ahhhhhhh I hate it!!". Get out of here with that ****.

You forgot to mention that he's going to boycott or get signs and never buy another game, etc,etc
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#50MajorZeroPosted 4/3/2013 11:57:56 PM
BrutalBrocken posted...
balmung2100 posted...
This is one of the problems I have with this generation of gamers. People want to act like a victim about everything. "F naw! They lied!! Why ain't y'all mad!? ahhhhhhh I hate it!!". Get out of here with that ****.

You forgot to mention that he's going to boycott or get signs and never buy another game, etc,etc

It's a weird sense of entitlement, I don't know where it comes from, the advent of the internet giving a voice to those who aren't responsible enough to have one maybe?

Anyways SE is a company like any other, balancing $$ with creativity...you don't see me returning my "Presidents' Choice" chocolate chip cookies and writing a letter since 5 of them were busted and broken in the pack (they're so delicious!)