This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish they'd port the Silent Hill games over to the PS2 Classics on PSN

#1Dark__ThronePosted 4/3/2013 5:52:55 AM
As in....

Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Silent Hill: Origins
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

All released on the PS2 classics. I know they released Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 via the HD collection but they were watered down and total s***ness versions.
#2este914Posted 4/3/2013 6:01:42 AM
Yea so you can probably forget about 2 & 3 ... as for the other 3 I have no idea
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#3sevil_yelimsPosted 4/3/2013 6:03:19 AM(edited)
Me too. In Japan Silent Hill 4 is on PSN at least. I read it was coming there.

I think in the case of 2 and 3 the whole voice acting rights fiasco might have caused a stir with them re-releasing the original games. And the HD Collection was in such a mess that I doubt that will be up for digital purchase anytime soon unlike MGS and ZOE HD. But you never know.
---
Capcom Math: 4 + 5 = 6 #RE6
#4GradyHooverPosted 4/3/2013 6:14:48 AM
Dark__Throne posted...
As in....

Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Silent Hill: Origins
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

All released on the PS2 classics. I know they released Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 via the HD collection but they were watered down and total s***ness versions.

Why are they "watered down"? Ever since they finally patched the HD collection, they're pretty good versions, honestly.

And Shattered Memories just doesn't hold up without a Wii controller, for me anyway...
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#5sevil_yelimsPosted 4/3/2013 6:19:11 AM
Not really. They just sort of caught up with 360 which was the better version at the time. And even they had their planned patch cancelled.

There's still lots of glitches, sound problems, freezing, no field of depth and out of sync moments to be found.

If anything you can say the HD Collection is passable as what it would be like to play an emulated mod of the games. The PS2 classics would be much preferred to fans I would imagine.
---
#6OemeniaPosted 4/3/2013 6:22:11 AM
The best bet at this point would be to go for the PC versions
---
100% PC/PS3/360
#7GradyHooverPosted 4/3/2013 6:22:47 AM
sevil_yelims posted...
Not really. They just sort of caught up with 360 which was the better version at the time. And even they had their planned patch cancelled.

There's still lots of glitches, sound problems, freezing, no field of depth and out of sync moments to be found.

If anything you can say the HD Collection is passable as what it would be like to play an emulated mod of the games. The PS2 classics would be much preferred to fans I would imagine.

Everything I've read said that the patched PS3 version is the superior version. And yeah, the 360 version got screwed.

But they fixed the aspect ratio issues, missing sounds/out-of-sync sounds, and the fog.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#8sevil_yelimsPosted 4/3/2013 2:53:52 PM
Nah. Only in a couple of scenes did they fix the fog. You still get the wall of fog in SH2, and for whatever reason the fog in SH3 is now blue.
---
#9Banjo2553Posted 4/3/2013 3:37:42 PM(edited)
Yeah same, I want to be able to play them without using the butchered HD "remasters" in the collection. And I don't want to get a PS2 just for those games (or get my PS3 hacked so it can play PS2 disc games).

Just, come on Konami. Pretend the HD Collection never existed and do some proper PS2 Classics digital ports. The fans would be happy to do the same (...except for those who spent money on the HD Collection in the first place).
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz