This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats with jrpgs and airships?

#1HappyBullPosted 4/3/2013 8:42:34 AM(edited)
I noticed in the millions upon millions of jrpgs i've played over the years, at least 90% of those feature airship technology.
#2toadiemanPosted 4/3/2013 8:41:48 AM
What's the deal with airship food?
---
PSN: toadieman
#3SpideyknightPosted 4/3/2013 8:42:17 AM
Airships are awesome, that's why.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#4evecharmevePosted 4/3/2013 8:46:51 AM
Cause it's like steam punk and all to have a ship that sails through the air
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#5theshovellerPosted 4/3/2013 8:47:02 AM
I have a better question:

Why do Final Fantasy games go with "airship" instead of the obviously superior vernacular choice of "heli-boat?" I mean, "airship" sounds kinda bland. "Heli-boat" sounds more accurate, since they take a boat and just strap a propeller to the mast. Plus, it makes me giggle like a little girl when I say it. "Heli-boat."

Final Fantasy 7? That was an airship. Final Fantasy 8? That.... that was a spaceship - no air there. Final Fantasy 10? I have no idea, airship may have been good there since I think it was hi-tech-ish or something.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#6jrr18Posted 4/3/2013 8:47:15 AM
Bad JRPG's try to copy final fantasy just like how bad fps games try and copy cod.
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#7SieKensouPosted 4/3/2013 8:48:41 AM
theshoveller posted...
I have a better question:

Why do Final Fantasy games go with "airship" instead of the obviously superior vernacular choice of "heli-boat?" I mean, "airship" sounds kinda bland. "Heli-boat" sounds more accurate, since they take a boat and just strap a propeller to the mast. Plus, it makes me giggle like a little girl when I say it. "Heli-boat."

Final Fantasy 7? That was an airship. Final Fantasy 8? That.... that was a spaceship - no air there. Final Fantasy 10? I have no idea, airship may have been good there since I think it was hi-tech-ish or something.

ahh...... FF4.....
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#8theshovellerPosted 4/3/2013 8:51:34 AM
SieKensou posted...
ahh...... FF4.....

Wasn't that one a boat that went in space, or something? I never played it much myself, but I had a friend who was a FF maniac and he showed me the end of FF4 before. Didn't it take place on the moon? And they survived without spacesuits? Seriously, that's just too silly for me!

Yes, I'm (mostly) joking about my posts.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#9jrr18Posted 4/3/2013 8:52:32 AM
theshoveller posted...
SieKensou posted...
ahh...... FF4.....

Wasn't that one a boat that went in space, or something? I never played it much myself, but I had a friend who was a FF maniac and he showed me the end of FF4 before. Didn't it take place on the moon? And they survived without spacesuits? Seriously, that's just too silly for me!

Yes, I'm (mostly) joking about my posts.

wait the moon part was where you found it to silly to finish?
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#10SieKensouPosted 4/3/2013 9:01:53 AM
they took a boat and added heli props to it... and it was able to go underground where there's a lot of lava and magma flowing everywhere. and yes it went to the moon (i think)

i know the game went to the moon but i forget if it was the same airship that went there..
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462