This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come guns always suck in Jrpg's and swords are usually stupidly impractical?

#1jrr18Posted 4/3/2013 12:33:01 PM
just wondering
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#2theshovellerPosted 4/3/2013 12:36:42 PM
I'd think Phantasy Star begs to differ. Guns can sometimes hit whole groups of guys at once, swords are one of the best hit-to-damage ratio weapons, the main characters usually use swords (and thus use the "best weapon available" of Elsydion,) and guns can only be used by one or two characters.

Of course, I just might be a bit biased in that opinion. I like guns, swords, AND Phantasy Star.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#3PHEEliNUXPosted 4/3/2013 12:37:51 PM
Tales of Innocence says hi
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#4jrr18(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 12:38:08 PM
Fine why do guns suck in most jrpg's.
---
PSN jrr101
#5ShineboxerPosted 4/3/2013 12:38:25 PM
lol at 70lb people carring swords twice the height.

What corny hogwash.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#6Godly_GoofPosted 4/3/2013 12:38:55 PM
Disgaea begs to differ. Aside from the 1 über sword in every game most aren't all that impractical, and guns are pretty much OP
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#7Godly_GoofPosted 4/3/2013 12:40:47 PM
Shineboxer posted...

What corny hogwash.

Theirs more JRPGs than just FF7 :/

And when an actual 6 foot claymore weighs about 30lbs. Up scaling a bit doesn't seem that impractical.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#8theshovellerPosted 4/3/2013 12:40:48 PM
Shineboxer posted...

What corny hogwash.

What? Huh? I'm talking Phantasy Star 1-4, not PSO and PSU's "swords" which should technically be labelled greatswords, as they're two-handers.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#9jrr18(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 12:42:15 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
Shineboxer posted...

What corny hogwash.

And when an actual 6 foot claymore weighs about 30lbs. Up scaling a bit doesn't seem that impractical.

a claymore may be six feet long but it's not 3 feet wide and half a foot thick
---
PSN jrr101
#10Godly_GoofPosted 4/3/2013 12:43:36 PM
jrr18 posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
Shineboxer posted...

What corny hogwash.

a claymore may be six feet long but it's not 3 feet wide and half a foot thick

Thus why I say up scaling lol.
---