This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Angry Bird Star Wars is the future

#1AssaultMonkey9Posted 4/3/2013 12:41:54 PM
Disney will just try and make money off the license regardless of game quality- they are whores who don't care about gamers, Star Wars fans or the human beings of lucasarts

Disneys Facebook page is getting bombed in the comments section- and rightfully so
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, AC3
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#2theshovellerPosted 4/3/2013 12:45:57 PM
Yup, hence my comment in another thread earlier today:

"Star Wars Galactic Rulers coming to an iDevice this fall! Buy 1000 Parsecs for only $29.99!"

How they turn a unit of measure into a physical item used to buy goods and speed up services is beyond me, but there you go.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#3PStrifePosted 4/3/2013 12:55:16 PM
This didn't happen already? Though they were already marketing such a game.
#4impatientpersonPosted 4/3/2013 1:04:49 PM
Angry Birds Star Wars was released before the acquisition, wasn't it? Like months before?

Also I personally enjoyed it... I know saying that is not allowed on the internet, but I thought they new levels and bird variants were pretty good... 'course I played it for free on Android so yeah... Free games are always nice.
---
This user is awesome!:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=927246&topic=44002798
#5Mattywright77Posted 4/3/2013 1:06:32 PM
Im not suprised. They said right after the the buy that after the games in production they were shifting to social/mobile.

Only difference is they cancelled those games, the overall plan is what they have said from day 1.
---
Now playing : Mass Effect, Bulletstorm
#6secondhand1Posted 4/3/2013 1:17:05 PM
AssaultMonkey9 posted...
Disneys Facebook page is getting bombed in the comments section- and rightfully so

Undoubtedly by the same kind of mental giants that flex their internet muscles around here on a daily basis.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#7theshovellerPosted 4/3/2013 1:19:29 PM
secondhand1 posted...
AssaultMonkey9 posted...

Undoubtedly by the same kind of mental giants that flex their internet muscles around here on a daily basis.

Probably. The only thing I give Disney any grief on is Song of the South. They took so many things from that movie but won't release the damn movie because "the social climate isn't quite right." Bioshock Infinite seemed to do alright having everything they had in their early game, why can't you show people overcoming prejudice and adversity?
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"