This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Friend traded in his Ps3 for a 3dsXL

#31Raven_CyarmPosted 4/3/2013 3:33:55 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
200 dollar system for 200 dollar system...Doesn't seem that dumb at all. 3DS has one of the best line ups this year.

It had the same line up as last year and the year before that and the year before that.

MARIO MARIO POKEMON MARIO MARIO ZELDA MARIO
---
You're not the official anything of any board.
No-one cares about your PC specs either.
#32MonoculusPosted 4/3/2013 3:37:21 PM
If your friend's a fan of RPGs, it's looking like a great move. Aside from the DS library, we've already seen Etrian Odyssey IV and Fire Emblem Awakening this year (and I guess Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but it's terrible both as a Pokemon game and a roguelike), Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers is out in a couple weeks, and Shin Megami Tensei IV is out in July. There's also Luigi's Mansion 2 and the new Animal Crossing game if he enjoyed the Gamecube games. And that's to say nothing about the games from last year and the year before.

I don't know if trading the PS3 straight-up for an XL was a good move, though; you can usually get them for $120-$140 in good to great condition on Cowboom, but they're rarely in stock very long.
---
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 2466-1889-8046
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play|Vita|3DS XL
#33harcoreblazerPosted 4/3/2013 3:37:44 PM
Insanity at his finest.

Either way the 3DS has games i want to play *cough* Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward *cough*.
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
#34Runner_stylePosted 4/3/2013 3:38:29 PM
Shineboxer posted...
3ds still has another 3-4 years of quality support, PS3 is dead at the end of the year.

Sony isn't Microsoft.
---
If you don't agree with someone on GFaqs, you're either a troll, or a fanboy.
#35PhaseSlaethePosted 4/3/2013 3:38:34 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
Insanity at his finest.

Either way the 3DS has games i want to play *cough* Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward *cough*.

Don't be so ecstatic. VLR is disappointing after 999.
#36_HlM_Posted 4/3/2013 3:52:49 PM
Horrible move. The only games worth owning on 3DS IMO are Fire Emblem: Awakening, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate. I have about 6 3DS games but it's garbage compared to the PS3. Though I will say while playing my 3DS games I stuck to them but once I beat them I went back to PS3. My Fire Emblem 3DS is probably worth more than a PS3 at this point <_<
---
Why don't you go take a jog? Better yet, go kick some rocks.
Let me guess you have a blog, follow trends like it's your job.
#37VarronPosted 4/3/2013 5:20:20 PM
My friend bought 2 years of PS+, permanently stopped playing PS3 the next month, then traded in his PS3 for a Wii U 6 months later.
---
PSN: Snippuh
Raptr: Snippuh
#38kingofall214Posted 4/3/2013 5:28:30 PM(edited)
Not enough info to say. What model PS3 was it? Did he sell all his PS3 games as well? If so what games?

If he had a huge collection of PS3 games and sold it all off for a 3DSXL and a few games I would say that is a dumb move.

If his PS3 was just a dust magnet and he only had a couple of games then I would say that it an OK move.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#39crazyman32Posted 4/3/2013 5:30:14 PM
Varron posted...
My friend bought 2 years of PS+, permanently stopped playing PS3 the next month, then traded in his PS3 for a Wii U 6 months later.

He doesn't sound too bright at least with that decision.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#40necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 8:33:22 PM
Varron posted...

lol!