This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In Japan, any good games to bring back with me (import friendly?)

#1LincolnNiGHTSPosted 4/3/2013 4:28:59 PM
So far I have,
Yakuza Kenzan
Yakuza 5
Monster Hunter Portable HD
Gundam Extreme VS 2

I'm interested in all games, as long as they are manageable with minimal obstruction of Japanese (or if there is a guide available on the net).
Cheers :).
#2namethatno1usesPosted 4/3/2013 4:33:26 PM
EX Troopers
Tales of Vesperia (tons of guides available, worth it)

Can't remember anything else right now.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#3mtjormitchPosted 4/3/2013 4:39:09 PM
Mother 3... Because you should get it. Also the Mother 1 and 2 pack as well. There are mods where you can make them English over here. (The fans are a determined bunch.)

Let's see here. A crapton of Persona games and such, I recommend getting SMT Nocturne that has Raidou as a boss instead of Dante.

Erm... Tales of Vesparia. FF10 international, FF12 international. Uh... hm...

That is all I can think of, sure, might not be all the kinds of games playable on a PS3. But they are good and only available over there.

Also, how is it over there anyways? Good? Bad? I'm curious!
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#4Spike21Posted 4/3/2013 4:50:37 PM
If you enjoy rhythm games then grab Hatsune Miku Project Diva F. Great game and easily playable once you figure out the menus, which are fairly basic.
Extremely addictive and fun.
---
3DS FC - 2191-7909-4186
Serenity now, insanity later.
#5gamemaster712Posted 4/3/2013 4:54:26 PM
Valkyria chronicles 3
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#6LincolnNiGHTS(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 5:00:59 PM
Cheers, pretty good so far. Games aren't that expensive after they have been out a few months ( Yakuza 5 was 40 bucks). Heading into Akihabara in a couple of days so wanted to bring some PS3 games back with me.
#7TheCyborgNinjaPosted 4/3/2013 5:35:24 PM
To add to your list:

E.X. Troopers
Yakuza 1 + 2 HD Edition
Sengoku Basara 3: Utage
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#8SieKensouPosted 4/3/2013 5:56:35 PM
tales of rebirth if you want ps2 game.

guides? lookup lanyn.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#9Papa_PwnagePosted 4/3/2013 6:38:33 PM
Devilman Amon suggested these two to me a while back and I enjoy them. They're racing games but should be fairly cheap:

Initial D Extreme Stage
Wangan Midnight
---
we will not come out of this unscathed
#10regsantotomasPosted 4/3/2013 6:41:38 PM
SRW OG2

Turn based SRPG with mechs
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego