This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which one is worse, FFXII or FFXIII?

#1Ari_FF91Posted 4/3/2013 8:53:16 PM
Which one do you dislike/hate the most? - Results (1276 votes)
Final Fantasy XII
27.82% (355 votes)
Final Fantasy XIII
72.18% (921 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Since these two are the most hated by fans, please choose.
#2theofficefan99Posted 4/3/2013 8:55:58 PM(edited)
Accidentally voted for XIII when I meant XII :p dang it.

Anyways, both are successful, but controversial games. However, XIII is more controversial than XII, especially now since SE is ignoring and ruining so many games and IP's whilst making a trilogy out of XIII, increasing the amount of hatred towards it. XIII will obviously "win" this poll.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3TheCalibratorPosted 4/3/2013 8:56:46 PM
XII is a Shakespearean masterpiece in comparison to XIII.
#4kloud 11Posted 4/3/2013 8:57:13 PM
lol. FFXII is one of if not the best FF's.

XIII is trash
#5velvet_hammerPosted 4/3/2013 8:57:45 PM
kloud 11 posted...

XIII is trash

this, 12 is the last great SE masterpiece
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#6kloud 11Posted 4/3/2013 8:58:58 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
kloud 11 posted...

XIII is trash

this, 12 is the last great SE masterpiece

It's easily the best console game they've made in the last decade.
#7peter_888Posted 4/3/2013 8:59:09 PM
hmm interesting. the two titles are really total polar opposites of each other now that I think of it.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#8theofficefan99Posted 4/3/2013 9:04:40 PM
TheCalibrator posted...

In terms of dialogue, kind of, but not really. XII also has its fair share of overwrought and cheesy lines, and a lot of the interaction between characters is wooden. The story in XII is also far more dull and underdeveloped. XIII's only true story troubles were in the finale when everything was just complete **** thanks to endless Deus Ex Machinas and asspulls that also required reading the Ultimania to understand.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#9TheCalibratorPosted 4/3/2013 9:05:38 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
TheCalibrator posted...

In terms of dialogue, kind of, but not really. XII also has its fair share of overwrought and cheesy lines, and a lot of the interaction between characters is wooden. The story in XII is also far more dull and underdeveloped. XIII's only true story troubles were in the finale when everything was just complete **** thanks to endless Deus Ex Machinas and asspulls that also required reading the Ultimania to understand.

Is it safe to assume that you also consider Kingdom Hearts an apex of game storytelling?
#10theofficefan99Posted 4/3/2013 9:12:43 PM
TheCalibrator posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
TheCalibrator posted...

Is it safe to assume that you also consider Kingdom Hearts an apex of game storytelling?

I never said XIII's story is great, just that it's better than XII's. XII's story is political intrigue gone wrong. Tactics and Vagrant Story already did it and they executed it far better. XII's is poorly paced, with severely underdeveloped characters (both protagonists and antagonists), and there's barely any interesting scenarios other than Drace's execution and Bergan killing the Gran Kiltias at Mt. Bur-Omisace . The finale also could have been, hell, a good 20-25% of the game and there could have been a ton of interesting events, and yet it just ended up being a tame 30-minute-long war with a happy-pappy ending.

It's not a bad story, it's just an incredibly dull and underwhelming one.

And yes, I know XIII's story has its flaws, with the cheesy dialogue and the over-reliance on the Ultimania and Datalog to relay vital bits of info, along with the finale being full of Deus Ex Machinas, but that doesn't destroy the unique and original feel of the story, along with the strong mythology and the great pacing. It's not the best story in the world; far from it, but it's not terrible, either. It had potential to be one of the best video game stories, but it fell flat on its face.

And no, Kingdom Hearts' story is ****.
---