This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which one is worse, FFXII or FFXIII?

#41bizzy_d666Posted 4/4/2013 5:24:37 AM
Am I the only person who enjoyed both of them?
#42L0ZPosted 4/4/2013 5:24:46 AM
kloud 11 posted...
lol. FFXII is one of if not the best FF's.

XIII is trash

---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#43IHeartMetroidPosted 4/4/2013 5:25:21 AM
"If you're trying to imply that the gameplay in FFXII facilitated storytelling any more than the gameplay in FFXIII, you are wrong."

No, I simply disagree with you. I am entitled to my opinion, as you are yours.

** Again with the FFXIII spoilers whathaveyou **

I feel that the naturalistic, exploratory style of FFXII, combined with the vibrant, free-flowing towns and the residents within it and the open-ended nature of the Gambit system was far more interesting to me than the "go here go here go here halllllwayyyyyy" gameplay style of FFXIII, along with a narrative that was weird for the sake of just being weird. Anti-God games have been done before. Xenogears, FF Tactics- heck, even SaGa, so just tossing a pope in there and saying "kill that Pope!" isn't enough anymore.

** End with the spoilers already **
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#44L0ZPosted 4/4/2013 5:26:55 AM
majin nemesis posted...
TehAssasin posted...
majin nemesis posted...
TehAssasin posted...
FFXII is a step in the right direction in terms of world design as well as many other aspects like battle system and mature plot.

it's only a step in the right direction in aspects like battle system if you want to make bad battle systems

IZJS improved the battle system, unlocking all gambits early in the game. It works well in open world environment as it's seamless. The gambit setup also makes the battles intuitive and effective, not just a gimmick.

how does it make the battle intuitive when the game plays itself?

no it doesnt. turn off gambits on the character you are controlling. If you want to micromanage every characters attack then shut off all gambits. Its no different than saying XIII plays itself with autobattle. just dont use it then
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#45CitizenCraigPosted 4/4/2013 5:38:26 AM
I actually really liked 12.
13 was okay too but I like jrpgs in general so I might be a little biased.
13-2 was a decent game in terms of gameplay, but the story was HORRIBLE.
---
For PS3 trophy stats, submit your PSN to:
psnprofiles.com & psntrophyleaders.com
#46LenneValkiryePosted 4/4/2013 5:43:20 AM(edited)
A better question would be "which one is BETTER" because both games are amazing.
I'm having a hard time deciding which one I liked more right now.

I'm also pretty sure that the most hated one is FFXIV. That game is just beyond terrible.
#47vashtrichamPosted 4/4/2013 5:47:52 AM
Quote:A better question would be "which one is BETTER" because both games are amazing.
I'm having a hard time deciding which one I liked more right now.

I'm also pretty sure that the most hated one is FFXIV. That game is just beyond terrible.

@LenneValkirye
FF XIV 1.0 was bad but ARR has been much much better so far
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#48majin nemesisPosted 4/4/2013 5:52:55 AM
L0Z posted...
majin nemesis posted...
TehAssasin posted...
majin nemesis posted...
TehAssasin posted...
FFXII is a step in the right direction in terms of world design as well as many other aspects like battle system and mature plot.

it's only a step in the right direction in aspects like battle system if you want to make bad battle systems

IZJS improved the battle system, unlocking all gambits early in the game. It works well in open world environment as it's seamless. The gambit setup also makes the battles intuitive and effective, not just a gimmick.

no it doesnt. turn off gambits on the character you are controlling. If you want to micromanage every characters attack then shut off all gambits. Its no different than saying XIII plays itself with autobattle. just dont use it then

even with the gambits off doesn't the character keep using the attack command automatically after only pushing it once also what the point of gambits when they have to off to be able to play the game that right there shows how bad FFXII battle system is

FFXIII is different the auto battle is just a glorified attack button and lots of times chooses the wrong commands also you still have to somethings in battle like changing paradigms and heal with potions
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#49LenneValkiryePosted 4/4/2013 5:56:42 AM
majin nemesis posted...

FFXIII is different the auto battle is just a glorified attack button and lots of times chooses the wrong commands also you still have to somethings in battle like changing paradigms and heal with potions

Mashing a "glorified attack button" is still better than mashing a "non-glorified attack button" which is exactly what you do in every other FF to beat 90% of the enemies in the game.
#50TehAssasinPosted 4/4/2013 5:59:02 AM
majin nemesis posted...
TehAssasin posted...
majin nemesis posted...
TehAssasin posted...

Funny, I still find myself controlling pretty much everything from travelling between places and going into battles, occasionally changing up my gambits to controlling my other party members to act accordingly to my will.