This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever beaten a JRPG without a guide and how long did it take you?

#21copycat2008Posted 4/4/2013 1:48:36 AM
have you ever?
does this mean that you have never beaten a JRPG game withOUT a guide?
come on man, stop buying game guides those are for noobs
#22BeknessPosted 4/4/2013 2:32:01 AM
Yes. I don't know how long they take, I didn't time them and lots of them were years ago.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
No you bad
#23WeLoveYouPosted 4/4/2013 2:55:35 AM
I recently completed and platinumed Ni no Kuni without a guide, just two or three hints about fast farming here on gamefaqs. 191 hours for 100% completion also for the progress report.
The same happened for FFXIII-2. 145 hours.
I used to play JRPG with guides when I was younger (till 13-14 yo). Now I avoid them like the plague.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/RainyDusk
#24Pharsti01Posted 4/4/2013 3:05:33 AM
All the jrpgs ive played?

For that matter, all my first playthroughs, no matter what genre of game we are talking about, are done without looking at a guide, i kinda thought that would be the norm....

Ill look at one after im done with the game and if it has multiple endings or something, thats all.
#25boredofyouPosted 4/4/2013 3:34:05 AM
Pharsti01 posted...
All the jrpgs ive played?

For that matter, all my first playthroughs, no matter what genre of game we are talking about, are done without looking at a guide, i kinda thought that would be the norm....

Ill look at one after im done with the game and if it has multiple endings or something, thats all.

This.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#26majin nemesisPosted 4/4/2013 3:45:57 AM(edited)
Starwarsmegaman posted...
FF 13 don't count.

why doesn't it count? there's lot of things in the game where a guide is useful
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#27theshovellerPosted 4/4/2013 4:49:58 AM
FF7, and about a week. My brother and I played the crap out of it since we got it for Christmas that year, beat it before we went back to school after New Year's.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#28OEIO999Posted 4/4/2013 5:03:02 AM(edited)
Many, however my last one and the only I can remember, was FFXIII...

Technically Dark Soul was my last JRPG played, but I cheated