This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock Infinite ending, Mind = Blown.

#41NessaJ_TuN(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 1:45:13 AM
Fiery101 posted...
OEIO999 posted...
Fiery101 posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...
mogar002 posted...
lol

why lol? its true and I have played tons of games, nothing beat these 3 games in ending execution and the twist.

5/10. If you were trolling really heavy you'd throw in all games with bad endings. MGS3 and Spec Ops actually have good endings.

Granted I didn't favour the ending, nor would I rate it alongside both MGS3 and Spec Ops, but c'mon it wasn't that bad

It wasn't "all-time" bad, no. I actually don't even know if I would call it bad in a general sense. But I certainly couldn't put in the company of those other two.

I think it just not your type of story, you like more simpler and easy to understand like MGS 3 and Spec ops. Bioshock Infinite is a scifi shooter, its a game that basically defy common sense, the setting is weird as hell, you have no idea where you are, you have no idea whats going on, its exactly the reason why I love it. Its kind of story that built on vagueness, they not gonna tell you everything, but you have to pay attention on every single detail on the game, even after you finish the game, you will see some speculation and theories that people come up with and people like me love that kind of stuff than your standard story. I know some of my friends adore Bioshock Infinite story and ending more than MGS 3 and Spec Ops. I think its brilliantly done.

I don't know whether you watch Anime or not, but there is a show called Mawaru Penguin Drum, which imo the most unique Anime I've watched and its pretty hard Anime to understand. They tell you the story in symbolic way, they not gonna tell you story from the characters and its weird Anime too, but I love it to death and consider it one of the best Anime I ever watched. Its unpredictable and so vague that you not gonna see what will be coming next. The last 6 or 7 episodes will keep delivering twist to you and the ending is blow me away. Bioshock Infinite is kind of game that imo feels like that, very symbolic, suspenseful, eye catching, very vague and imo unpredictable, like I said its a weird game that why I love it.
#42tack129Posted 4/4/2013 1:45:58 AM
Fiery101 posted...
If I said: The 3 best shows on TV right now are #1 Jersey Shore #2 Breaking Bad and #3 Game of Thrones what would you think? That is how I read your topic.

Wait so you think that Bioshock Infinite = Jersey Shore?

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
---
PSN: tack129
#43kaiser ryuPosted 4/4/2013 1:47:18 AM
Battleship_Gray posted...
The douchebaggery of this place is getting overwhelming. You can't even enjoy things any more.

On a serious note. This.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#44LuciferTerrorPosted 4/4/2013 1:53:21 AM
spectermaster14 posted...
The douchebaggery of this place is getting overwhelming. You can't even enjoy things any more.

Was about to say this. Like, seriously, all I've been seeing in Bioshock threads is justification for hating it despite the praise. People like the game, get over it. It doesn't mean they haven't played whatever you like, it doesn't mean the reviews were bought, it doesn't mean they started gaming last week. It means it's a damn fine game in the eyes of many people who played it. Stop being an idiot, internet.

I highly agree with these statements from the two gentlemen. I personally couldn't give a rat's ass about the opinions of the majority; I do respect them, yes, but I do not let them dictate what I enjoy! If TC liked the endings of the three games that he saw, then let him be for hell's sake.
---
~Top four games I have played thus far: Deadly Premonition, Wayfarer of the time, Witcher 2 and Skyrim.
#45Bleachfreak7Posted 4/4/2013 2:43:26 AM
TC, you havent played 999 or Ever17 have you? I promise you their endings have a crazier/more mindblowing twist.
---
3DS FC: 3437-3085-0365 - HC4 Klash
GE FC: 5486-3590-6471
#46TheWhoFanPosted 4/4/2013 2:50:19 AM
You said something positive about a video game? How dare you. The drone army of jaded "veteran" gamers will get you.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#47GigerSupremePosted 4/4/2013 3:03:02 AM
Fiery101 posted...
Ok. I'll explain it quickly. The Bioshock Infinite ending sucks. Now, it probably isn't as horrible as Mass Effect 3, but it is bad.

The other 2 games actually have good endings and are well known for it.

i found the endings to the bioshock games to be beautifully poignant... then again im not a blithering loud-knuckle dragging fanboy.
#48jakerscythePosted 4/4/2013 3:13:27 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed the ending, more power to you.

I thought it was heavy handed, telegraphed and trying to be clever just for the sake of being clever. It was painfully obvious that both Elizabeth and Comstock were somehow related to Booker. From there, the options are pretty damn few.

Maybe I'm just jaded by these enforced twists that permeate writing these days.
#49BroDudeJaggiesPosted 4/4/2013 3:42:26 AM
mogar002 posted...
lol

---
U.S.A. - The only country known to have dropped nuclear devices on civilians
#50LordTopakPosted 4/4/2013 4:07:57 AM(edited)
The ending was good but not that good. Imo, Infamous 1 had a better ending.

Killer 7 also had a pretty wtf ending.
---
PSN ID: Tsambs96
Steam ID: Tsambawumba