This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most over-rated over-rated game?

#11JustForFun1988Posted 4/4/2013 3:11:54 AM
FF7.
---
The cycle of life and death continues. We will live. And they will die.
#12supreme dar(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 12:52:29 PM
I see mostly RPGS named as over-rated over-rated games. Who would have thought that!
---
Using guides or walkthroughs is NOT cheating
#13djmaster1994Posted 4/4/2013 1:32:57 PM
anything from Sony which Sony fans hype up til the month or week it release then say they don't care or buy it and wait for it to be free on PS+
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#14PHEEliNUXPosted 4/4/2013 1:34:28 PM
Iamthekuzalol posted...
Most overrated game ever would obviously be FF7.

---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#15TalesRevenantPosted 4/4/2013 1:42:21 PM(edited)
Of all time?

Probably Final Fantasy Vll or Ocarina of Time

Current Gen?

Xenoblade. The game is good but not the next coming that people claim it to be. It's really annoying constantly hearing people chirp about it and bring down other games in favor of it. It's honestly the most overrated game I've seen in years, which is why it gets my vote.
---
Currently playing:
Ni No Kuni, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#16dmcd93Posted 4/4/2013 1:38:20 PM
kaiser ryu posted...
At this time I'd call FF7 one of the most underrated high profile games given just how much criticism is constantly levied it's way by pretty much everyone and their dog. It's a highly competent and imaginative RPG with an enduring cast of memorable characters and an interesting, if poorly conveyed, plot that suffers from subpar graphical fidelity 15 years after it's release. Yet this game, mechanically average to above average and otherwise above many others in creativity and polish in it's time and even today, is often treated as an object unworthy of any love.

I honestly can't stand how the term overrate is abused. It's supposed to come with connotations of some objective quality in a thing which has been appraised too highly by a large group but it's become synonymous instead with "I failed to enjoy this subjective material and in the new context of the internet allowing for my psyche to be exposed to every opinion on a matter ever, cannot grasp how a subgroup of humanity has managed to do just the opposite as I have."

I do ask this in all honesty: What objectively viewable qualities of FF7 fall short of the contemporary ratings given to them? Who are these shadow people out there still calling FF7 visually more impressive than it actually is? Who is saying the writing or storytelling is flawless? Who is rating this game in any quantifiable manner over which you feel it is deserving? Who? All I see is a fanbase tired of trying to rationally support a game they liked among other games against a near constant outcry of "overrated" for 15 years. The war's over. FF7 is just liked now. The rabid fanboyism of the late 90s died with Zubaz pants and mullets.

I agree completely, I particularly like your second paragraph.
And Zubaz mullets are making a comeback, for sure. Right?
---
Garrus is the Greatest bro in gaming.
Devil May Cry 2 is the best 3rd person shooter ever made.
#17JerichoDarkstarPosted 4/4/2013 1:39:40 PM
supreme dar posted...
For me it must be Final Fantasy 7

HolyMcmoly posted...
Either Dark Souls or Final Fantasy VII. Both are massively overrated.

Iamthekuzalol posted...
Most overrated game ever would obviously be FF7.

JustForFun1988 posted...
FF7.

TalesRevanant posted...
Probably Final Fantasy Vll or Ocarina of Time.

It never ceases to amaze me how much unjustified hate FF7 gets or how often it is wrongly labeled "overrated."
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#18SlaynWilderGL3Posted 4/4/2013 1:40:43 PM
Halo.
---
Star Wars fans please like The Imperial Fleet facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Imperial-Fleet/462605397130503
#19SmokingbombHPosted 4/4/2013 1:46:41 PM
The games you like I DON'T like.
---
Official Deidara of TNS.
#20nihilist212Posted 4/4/2013 1:52:22 PM
kaiser ryu posted...
At this time I'd call FF7 one of the most underrated high profile games given just how much criticism is constantly levied it's way by pretty much everyone and their dog. It's a highly competent and imaginative RPG with an enduring cast of memorable characters and an interesting, if poorly conveyed, plot that suffers from subpar graphical fidelity 15 years after it's release. Yet this game, mechanically average to above average and otherwise above many others in creativity and polish in it's time and even today, is often treated as an object unworthy of any love.

I honestly can't stand how the term overrate is abused. It's supposed to come with connotations of some objective quality in a thing which has been appraised too highly by a large group but it's become synonymous instead with "I failed to enjoy this subjective material and in the new context of the internet allowing for my psyche to be exposed to every opinion on a matter ever, cannot grasp how a subgroup of humanity has managed to do just the opposite as I have."

I do ask this in all honesty: What objectively viewable qualities of FF7 fall short of the contemporary ratings given to them? Who are these shadow people out there still calling FF7 visually more impressive than it actually is? Who is saying the writing or storytelling is flawless? Who is rating this game in any quantifiable manner over which you feel it is deserving? Who? All I see is a fanbase tired of trying to rationally support a game they liked among other games against a near constant outcry of "overrated" for 15 years. The war's over. FF7 is just liked now. The rabid fanboyism of the late 90s died with Zubaz pants and mullets.

I couldn't agree more with all of this.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero