This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most over-rated over-rated game?

#61md22mdrxPosted 4/4/2013 10:34:02 PM
Donomega posted...
md22mdrx posted...
Donomega posted...
I came in here thinking I'd be the only one saying FF7 -guess I was wrong lol Oh and Monster Hunter series...

There are a lot of haters out there ....

Not a hater, my wife absolutely loves Monster Hunter. I myself think its over rated. Doesn't make me a hater.

...as long as she doesn't find out, I am safe :P

was talking more about FFVII. There's a chunk of people who hate the game just because it's popular. They tend to be a very noisy minority. Either that or they're too young to have experienced it at the time of its original release. It WAS the most revolutionary game of its time. It DID change the way RPGs were created. The graphics were AMAZING for its time. Looking back and playing it now, it's very dated. The graphics are very sub-par to today's standards. The controls are wonky. Just because gaming has progressed over the last 10-20 years doesn't make the older games "overrated". People need to appreciate how we got to where we are now. FFVII was a MAJOR step in this process.
#62donkeyjackPosted 4/5/2013 12:33:50 AM
FF7 or OoT can never be overrated.

FOH.
#63digitalwill2000Posted 4/5/2013 12:35:17 AM
Journey.

c'mon guys, its not because people didnt get it, its cuz it was a pointless title

btw inb4 the last of us
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#64KOTRsssPosted 4/5/2013 2:54:10 AM
Calling FFVII underrated at this point in time is pretty stupid considering that an overwhelming majority gamers call it overrated.

Overrated means that people think it's better than it is. If everyone thinks it is overrated, then it isnt overrated.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#65supreme dar(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 4:00:10 AM
I'm just amazed that people still, to this day, think that Final Fantasy 7 is one of the best [(J)RP]Games of all times!

So just a question out there to the people that think FF7 is one of the best FF games, what do you think of LEVEL-5 RPGs, like Dark Cloud 2 for example? I actually think that brought more new elements to the RPG genre and would surely welcome an HD version of that! Not only was the story great, but so was the gameplay!
---
Using guides or walkthroughs is NOT cheating
#66CooperRCPosted 4/5/2013 4:08:43 AM
Demons or Dark Souls. No contest.
#67PinkPikachuPosted 4/5/2013 4:33:31 AM
bioshock infinite
---
PSN:Tron_Carter
#68kilaudePosted 4/5/2013 5:02:26 AM
I'm amazed myself at the hate at FF7. Must be very young gamers, or just played the game yesterday.

FF7 was, as many said already, revolutionary for it's time and was highly praised by the vast majority of critics and players worldwide.

Now if some of you don't like the game, that's entirely your opinion. I for one don't like Call of Duty, and Bioshock but just because it isn't "my cup of tea" I can understand where the praise is coming for and respect it.

Some just like jumping into the hate wagon 'cause "it's cool dude"
#69squall1981Posted 4/5/2013 5:19:34 AM
chrono crss/trigger and any zelda game
---
trolls and fanboys are the same just working on different ends of the spectrum.
#70supreme dar(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 7:03:16 AM
kilaude posted...
I'm amazed myself at the hate at FF7. Must be very young gamers, or just played the game yesterday.

FF7 was, as many said already, revolutionary for it's time and was highly praised by the vast majority of critics and players worldwide.

Now if some of you don't like the game, that's entirely your opinion. I for one don't like Call of Duty, and Bioshock but just because it isn't "my cup of tea" I can understand where the praise is coming for and respect it.

Some just like jumping into the hate wagon 'cause "it's cool dude"

I played the game in 2000. Might I add that I also played MGS 1 in that year and I could see why MGS received so much praise. Not the same experience with FF7 though. I thought the game aged FAST and any innovation or impact it had was all gone a few years later for me.
---
Using guides or walkthroughs is NOT cheating