This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got hyperdimension neptunia victory. Few questions about the series

#1thefabregas22Posted 4/4/2013 3:48:38 AM
Firstly what's up with these metacritic score. When I saw them I actually couldn't believe they'd be like 40-50. Secondly I'm loving victory played it for like 4 hours straight when I bought it. Is it worth getting the others after I've finished this? Thirdly are there plans for a sequel, perhaps on ps4? Lastly do you prefer japanese or english voices? I normally like the japanese more but I really like the english dub in victory.
---
Steam thefabregas22
Psn Admiral Classy Let's got down to the dirty!
#2xWantPosted 4/4/2013 3:57:36 AM
thefabregas22 posted...
Firstly what's up with these metacritic score. When I saw them I actually couldn't believe they'd be like 40-50. Secondly I'm loving victory played it for like 4 hours straight when I bought it. Is it worth getting the others after I've finished this? Thirdly are there plans for a sequel, perhaps on ps4? Lastly do you prefer japanese or english voices? I normally like the japanese more but I really like the english dub in victory.

It appeals to an niche based of fans, so people bash what they see. If you enjoy anime and anything cute and adorable, you'll love this game. I'd say get MkII but don't even touch the first game, I wouldn't even make Shineboxer touch the first game. That's how bad the first game is. Watch the playthourgh of the first game on the youtube or something. There's currently 3 games announced but... on the vita.

HDN Idol
HDN Visual Novel feature Noire
and HDN Rebirth( The First game Reboot)

An animation of the series is currently being released this summer as well.

I like the english dub even though Neptune's voice usually cringe in mk2, She's pretty good on the ears this time around.
---
Currently Playing :Persona 4 Arena, HDN Victory
PSN : AntiGenjou
#3Guts_LeonheartPosted 4/4/2013 5:26:44 AM
Big name review sites are a waste of time, its better to ask personal opinions from people who follow said games.

The first game isn't that bad but its very bare bones, cute story and I prefer Neptune over Nepgear.

Second game is much better, feels a bit more light hearted besides a certain part, the battle system is simplistic but not bad.

I really need to get V.
#4Mellerker38Posted 4/4/2013 6:36:11 AM
The first two games were very difficult game to get through but will I like this if it has a difficulty curve or avoid the game.
#5AjescentPosted 4/4/2013 6:37:23 AM
The game was bitterly disappointing.
---
I survived the Apocalyps3 and the Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.
If my spelling or grammar sucks, it's the fault of my Vita Touchscreen.
#6PHEEliNUXPosted 4/4/2013 6:37:29 AM
Actually, The Noire game is unknown to be a VN or not, Hopefully not
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#7jetfreak4Posted 4/4/2013 6:39:35 AM
It actually has horrible game design imo (played it myself 2+). But it grows on you and it achieves the most important aspect of an RPG which is character development which makes both fangirls and fanboys defend it to the death in some cases. But the game design was mostly related to budget costs since it is a niche JRPG obviously, so some dungeons are repeated and the boss battles aside from the side quests are mostly similar in scope. While the scout system is tedious and could be more refined to make it more user accessible. I'd still recommend it if you're looking for a break from the scripted action adventure that dominates the gaming scene right now, it's annoying since I've played them all lol. The worse recent one is Tomb Raider
#8ShineboxerPosted 4/4/2013 6:39:39 AM
Oh... You like Jim Varney movies.

I see...
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#9SieKensouPosted 4/4/2013 6:39:55 AM
neptune herself sounds nice in Victory but i still have a problem with the other voices incl Purple Heart....

(also that brutalization of french words in the english dub.... the japanese track already mimics the proper pronunciation... )

Ayesha's still NISA's best dub work... the only faults i can find in Ayesha dub are quite minor in comparison.

so yeah, for Neptune, i would say jp is still the best dub
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#10ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/4/2013 6:42:18 AM
Overall I prefer the English voices.

The first Neptunia is godawful and not worth getting at all. Mk. 2 is MUCH better and is still better than Victory, imo.

The series is selling pretty well, so there will probably be more to come.