This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

try and tell me how ff13 is bad and i will counter you

#11Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:14:26 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
Lmfao!

Boring combat
Linear as hell
No mini games

-i already addressed linearity.

-as far as boring--how can it be boring when its more active and you issue double or even quadruple the commands at once instead of one at a time and waiting around? if anything, its more exciting than its ever been.

-you are actually right here, i cant think of any minigames in final fantasy 13, but how does that make final fantasy 13 "bad"? so any game without minigames is automatically bad, how does that work? some of my favorite minigames were chocobo hot and cold (this is in ff13-2), tetra master from ff9 and ff11 online, which is better on ff11 since its online, and chocobo raising. that is a good point that they should add these back in, but they do not actually make the game "bad" that is unreasonable.
#12Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:17:33 AM
darkphoenix181 posted...
spells and summons were really weak and I hate break systems and have hated them since Xenosaga episode 2. They make normal battles way longer than they are supposed to be and boss battles become the same old break them hurry and get them while they are weak, rinse and repeat.

summons are weak in terms of offensive power, but they refill your health, hp, and remove all status ailments, as well as being vital in fights versus giant turtles because they instantly stagger them, meaning in a challenging battles they are vital. normal battles are only long if you are either underleveled, or are using a poor set of paradigms for the fight. boss battles all have different strategies to fight them just like the ps1 and ps2 final fantasy games. a good example would be one boss requires a sentinel to tank the entire fight while you widdle away at it, the next fight is just rush down, another fight might have you target specific limbs, and the next has heavy weaknesses to status ailments, so you are wrong.
#13king_maddenPosted 4/4/2013 9:17:34 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Lmfao!

Boring combat
Linear as hell
No mini games

-as far as boring--how can it be boring when its more active and you issue double or even quadruple the commands at once instead of one at a time and waiting around? if anything, its more exciting than its ever been.

-you are actually right here, i cant think of any minigames in final fantasy 13, but how does that make final fantasy 13 "bad"? so any game without minigames is automatically bad, how does that work? some of my favorite minigames were chocobo hot and cold (this is in ff13-2), tetra master from ff9 and ff11 online, which is better on ff11 since its online, and chocobo raising. that is a good point that they should add these back in, but they do not actually make the game "bad" that is unreasonable.

saying another FF games is linear too doesnt change or make the fact that this one is super linear any better. this game was made what like 10 years after FFX? I feel you are comparing linearity to that one then you failed.

also one could argue FFX was more open than 13.
#14Still__RippinPosted 4/4/2013 9:17:58 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Lmfao!

Boring combat
Linear as hell
No mini games

Ummmm, all you said about linearity was X was linear too. Well, I thought that was trash too. And while I'm at

No World Map
No towns
---
Oddly enough, l can't think of a sig right now. Please, feel free to suggest one for me.
#15Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:19:44 AM
toadieman posted...
No traditional victory fanfare.

-final fantasy 10-2 used generic crap not made by nobou utematsu, but had fanfare
-final fantasy 11 did not have fanfare at all
-final fantasy 12 did not have fanfare except for bosses i believe
-final fantasy 13 did not have fanfare
-final fantasy 13-2 had fanfare
#16Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:20:07 AM
FiendingHard posted...
The graphics suck.

final fantasy 13 had some of the best graphics this generation
#17IamthekuzalolPosted 4/4/2013 9:21:20 AM
Lol TC, you serious? Do you really have to be defensive about a mediocre game, why not get a life, you ain't gonna stop anyone from disliking it.
#18Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:22:03 AM
beezer08 posted...
20 hour tutorial

the game is fleshed out, i have 103 hours invested. the first few hours do hit you with tutorials here and there, but by the end of the game you'll be glad, because this game is much more complex than other final fantasies, tehrefore easier to misunderstand, without reading and having full understanding of how the new mechanics work. they just wanted to make sure you understand the combat, since theyve changed it so fundamentally, for the better.
#19king_maddenPosted 4/4/2013 9:23:40 AM
ok so apparently isnt countering anything, hes just saying all of its issues are just as bad as issues people had with old games.

so instead of finaly fantasy improving these things, they just kept it the same.

these issues are fine for old games, but this gen, at some point you expect improvment right?
#20Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:23:47 AM
king_madden posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Lmfao!

Boring combat
Linear as hell
No mini games

saying another FF games is linear too doesnt change or make the fact that this one is super linear any better. this game was made what like 10 years after FFX? I feel you are comparing linearity to that one then you failed.

also one could argue FFX was more open than 13.

linearity is the main flaw of final fantasy 13, and prob the only flaw the game has, other than its balls to the wall hard difficulty in late submissions.