This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

try and tell me how ff13 is bad and i will counter you

#21kupo1705Posted 4/4/2013 8:24:57 AM
It's boring.
#22toadiemanPosted 4/4/2013 8:25:05 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
toadieman posted...
No traditional victory fanfare.

-final fantasy 10-2 used generic crap not made by nobou utematsu, but had fanfare
-final fantasy 11 did not have fanfare at all
-final fantasy 12 did not have fanfare except for bosses i believe
-final fantasy 13 did not have fanfare
-final fantasy 13-2 had fanfare

11 had the traditional fanfare on a level up.
12 had it for bosses yes.
---
PSN: toadieman
#23pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/4/2013 8:26:03 AM
Lets see TC you said FFX is linear, but FFX has an airship and the ability to go back to any area which makes it less linear then, hallway XIII has no airship and you have very limited actions on going back only to pulse, no other areas are avaliable once you leave them.

So comparing FFX to XIII the way you did is wrong, also you forgot FFXII is the same as X has an airship and you can go back to pretty much anywhere.

Also graphics are not everything.

And expect tc to try to counter with something that won't make sense. You do know tc you defending the game is not helping your cause best to do is leave it alone.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#24Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:26:09 AM
Iamthekuzalol posted...
Lol TC, you serious? Do you really have to be defensive about a mediocre game, why not get a life, you ain't gonna stop anyone from disliking it.

how is it mediocre? the only flaw it has is linearity, while i said on a graphics, gameplay, story, and character development standpoint it is superb and far above average.
#25Still__RippinPosted 4/4/2013 8:27:00 AM
balls to the wall difficult

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yours joking right? This is a troll thread?
---
Oddly enough, l can't think of a sig right now. Please, feel free to suggest one for me.
#26Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:27:49 AM
kupo1705 posted...
It's boring.

as ive stated the combat is more exciting than any other final fantasy as you are doing more and it is more active. i dont see how its more fun to slowly choose one ability at a time and wait, than to queue up multiple abilities. it is much improved gameplaywise.
#27Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:28:28 AM
toadieman posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
toadieman posted...
No traditional victory fanfare.

-final fantasy 10-2 used generic crap not made by nobou utematsu, but had fanfare
-final fantasy 11 did not have fanfare at all
-final fantasy 12 did not have fanfare except for bosses i believe
-final fantasy 13 did not have fanfare
-final fantasy 13-2 had fanfare

11 had the traditional fanfare on a level up.
12 had it for bosses yes.

i played final fantasy 11 online for a few years, it did not have fanfare for leveling up unless they added it later.
#28Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:30:14 AM
Lets see TC you said FFX is linear, but FFX has an airship and the ability to go back to any area which makes it less linear then, hallway XIII has no airship and you have very limited actions on going back only to pulse, no other areas are avaliable once you leave them.

final fantasy xiii is considered linear because while the world opens up to you and the game notably becomes less linear about 70% through the game, it is much too late. its the same way for ffx. the airship does open up, but its very very late in the game, just like xiii, and its just a linear path all the way up until that point.
#29darkphoenix181Posted 4/4/2013 8:31:10 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
spells and summons were really weak and I hate break systems and have hated them since Xenosaga episode 2. They make normal battles way longer than they are supposed to be and boss battles become the same old break them hurry and get them while they are weak, rinse and repeat.

summons are weak in terms of offensive power, but they refill your health, hp, and remove all status ailments, as well as being vital in fights versus giant turtles because they instantly stagger them, meaning in a challenging battles they are vital. normal battles are only long if you are either underleveled, or are using a poor set of paradigms for the fight. boss battles all have different strategies to fight them just like the ps1 and ps2 final fantasy games. a good example would be one boss requires a sentinel to tank the entire fight while you widdle away at it, the next fight is just rush down, another fight might have you target specific limbs, and the next has heavy weaknesses to status ailments, so you are wrong.

nope I know how to play the game. I hate break systems and they lengthen most fights unnecessarily.
---
proud owner of Pikanips
#30jammiesPosted 4/4/2013 8:32:18 AM
Not enough black characters.

---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx