This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

try and tell me how ff13 is bad and i will counter you

#241bigdaddy041988Posted 4/4/2013 5:43:19 PM
FF13 doesn't hold a candle to the other final fantasy games. It is the most linear storyline of all the games, which was a big loss for the franchise. Graphics are decent, but without a story, that's all they are. I would much rather play FF4 or 6 over this game. All the game does is move with the times of "I don't feel like thinking, so I want this as simple as possible." Playing over 100 hours on this game is pitiful, because there is literally nothing worth it to gain.
#242bigdaddy041988Posted 4/4/2013 5:45:59 PM
Also, I love how your arguments are games higher than 10 and the MMO's. Talk about crap factory.
#243_Itachi_Uchiha_Posted 4/4/2013 5:47:42 PM
FF13 and FF13-2 are two of the best games ever created. Counter that.
---
Snuggle bunny swag.
#244Fiery101Posted 4/4/2013 5:48:23 PM
I'd even argue that even FF11 did a lot of things right. I absolutely loved the job system in that game. 13 is just in a category of it's own.
#245JJCTroyPosted 4/4/2013 5:50:39 PM
Translation of topic title:

Help me reach 500 posts, guys!

Side note: FFXIII is horrible for an FF game; it's decent for a linear JRPG.
#246tubesteak510Posted 4/4/2013 6:05:04 PM
i dont like the number 13 therefore it is a bad game
---
psn:bayarea510 GT:bay510000000000
mains;gen,ibuki, blanka
#247SkyD1ddYPosted 4/4/2013 6:16:30 PM
_Itachi_Uchiha_ posted...
FF13 and FF13-2 are two of the best games ever created. Counter that.

http://resguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/implied-facepalm.png
---
"It's always a gimmick until sony uses it" squatch22
#248Dref151Posted 4/4/2013 6:20:33 PM
I read some, but ima jsut put my input

While i don't think its a terrible game, its didn't meet my hopes after 5 years of waiting. Graphics were good, music was decent, some of the characters were ok, but to talk about them specifically.
Lighting- her only real fixation more than any other character. her sister was turned into crystal, big whoop. Sazhs son was also turned into crystal, and snow had same attraction to dumb sister who is about as smart as a 5th grader in game 2. ( I hoped edge was the last less than intelligent character i would ever have to play.) She is not the most important. Snow does more than here, Fang is an actual leader ( and does more than her) and Vanille has more backstory ( and in the end does more). 4th place is all you need for more games i guess.
Hope- I despise his character. he does have progression, but is still kinda a little *****. this one is opinion.
Vanille- while most people hate her, i enjoy her. she stays in character while it does develop, and turns out to be actually important.
Fang- should of been leader
Sazh- enjoyable, has a right to be there
Snow, annoys me, has a right to be there.

Level system- dumbed down from ten. I liked ten, but this just took it to far. You kinda get to chose your path, but not really. the only thing you get to chose is spell order you want, because there is only 3 stats. If you didn't like ten, then you probably despised this.

Battle- You say all you do is press x in the other games, but your taking it out of context. aside from the decision ( 2nd grade decision) on what paradigm you want, go ahead and press l1 ( r1?), now the game will decide what moves your character should take with x. don;t worry about the other two characters, they will make the best decision based off of there paradigm. win. And don't give me bull about all you do is attack in other games. beat FF 10 and 9 without magic. No items either, because you specifically said, all you do is attack. nothing else. If you do use items in this " attack only challenge", better not see you overly buy them. ever. ( youtube account with no magic, items, or skill challenge please)

Story- Meh. its redeemable, my main issue comes from lightning, but i talked about that. Its not top 3 of FF, for sure.
Linear- at the end of ten i can go anywhere i want, do extra things in those areas, while taking my crew to do some actual SUPER bosses. I can't go back to my favorite area in FF 13. ( sunleth waterscape, mind you) All other main games are not linear at all. Oh yeah, FF 10 had something called towns, where i can look around and talk to people, without encounters, where i can come back at anytime late game. This isn't my opinion this time, its actual fact. ( Yay! though im still right on the other stuff, some of which is also fact.)

Should i go on?

i Could, but this is a good start without any counter arguments.

Someone said it was at least the best Jrpg this gen, but Ni no Kuni, Tales of Graces F, and soon to be Xillia would all have a word with you. Hell i think even star ocean 4 is better, despite Edge being a grade school graduate as far as learning capacity and personality go.
#249Lan915Posted 4/4/2013 6:21:24 PM
FF13 was an awesome game, it used to be a WoW killer, Aerith killer, Halo killer, US President killer, North Korea killer, terrorist killer, etc killer! But the 13 bought it down.
---
"I lost but breakfast was fantastic" - Rutledge Wood
#250Bancario51Posted 4/4/2013 6:26:18 PM
JJCTroy posted...
Translation of topic title:

Help me reach 500 posts, guys!

Side note: FFXIII is horrible for an FF game; it's decent for a linear JRPG.

Its working isn't it?

even though the TC hasn't even responded a fraction of the post here, everyone should be theory just quit posting right?
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~