This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

try and tell me how ff13 is bad and i will counter you

#261zero8691Posted 4/4/2013 8:47:29 PM
Combat wasn't fun. Star ocean, Tales have a much better combat system imo.

Story sucks imo. Idk why Just doesn't seem as good as past final fantasies like FF7 FF8, FF9, FF10, And especially FF tactics.
---
If Judeo-Christian God exists, he creates and destroys indiscriminately. He loves and hates all. That's pretty badass
#262Anarchy612Posted 4/4/2013 8:48:49 PM
Anarchy612 posted...
before i start...this is my opinion, and if you like the game then great

graphics are terrible
seriously ffxii looked better and that was a ps2 game...this could be forgiven if there was decent exploration but...

too linear
there is no exploration, towns, or world map...this could be forgiven if there was a decent story but...

terrible story
not much makes sense and what does is one cliche after another...this could be forgiven if there was a decent battle system but...

terrible battle system
paradigms were a terrible idea plus auto battle...this could be forgiven if there was a decent leveling system but...

crystiarium is terrible
whats the point of a jrpg if i cant grind into oblivion? it caps out at certain points and when i cap out my cp i get maybe 5 to 10 levels

keep in mind that no one thing makes it bad but when you combine them it does

as for your counter arguments
graphics
ff7 had bad graphics...but everything else was good

linear
ffx was linear...but everything else was good except the leveling system

battle system
ffxii had gambits...which were just as terrible...but everything else was good

leveling system
see graphics

there are other nit picks such as the 20 hour tutorial for a pretty simple game (walk around and press auto battle = victory) and how it relies on the journal to tell the story because the actual game cant but these are the main ones

Still waiting on a counter to this tc
---
if there is no flame war in your topic then it was ignored
PSN: Anarchy612
#263ADKETOPosted 4/4/2013 8:56:09 PM
Music didn't match up to FFX.
#264Kou-NurasakaPosted 4/4/2013 8:58:32 PM
The game is essentially on auto pilot for the first 40% of gameplay without any option to return to Cocoon and explore the areas you had previously visited. FFX is not more linear than XIII. In terms of narrative they are comparable, but X does give you the option to eventually return to any given area. XIII does not. Progression is the only way forward. Also, its leveling system is fairly linear with no real encintive to grind or even explore, because any XP you gain is basically worthless until the game allows you to continue to level up the Crystarium.
#265LoveFreakFlonnePosted 4/4/2013 8:59:20 PM
CobraSA posted...
Try countering this:

FFVI
GameFAQs Reader Review Average
9.3 From 79 reviews
GameFAQs Rating Average
9.3 From 2154 users

FFVII
8.9 From 167 reviews
GameFAQs Rating Average
9.0 From 8173 users

FFXIII
6.8 From 123 reviews
GameFAQs Rating Average
7.7 From 6685 users

Ill use gamefaqs logic on that one

The reviewers were bribed for FFVI and FFVII obviously.
---
Don't worry! Splitting into 10 means that his love is divided 10 ways! We cannot possibly lose to someone like that!
#266UnderratedGamerPosted 4/4/2013 9:01:55 PM
LoveFreakFlonne posted...
CobraSA posted...
Try countering this:

FFVI
9.3 From 79 reviews
GameFAQs Rating Average
9.3 From 2154 users

FFVII
8.9 From 167 reviews
GameFAQs Rating Average
9.0 From 8173 users

FFXIII
6.8 From 123 reviews
GameFAQs Rating Average
7.7 From 6685 users

Ill use gamefaqs logic on that one

The reviewers were bribed for FFVI and FFVII obviously.

These users aren't paid, they're regulars that just like the games so much that most rated them 9's and 10's.
---
Regardless of what anyone says, everyone in the world is an Agnostic considering what we truly know.
#267wordrubPosted 4/4/2013 9:01:57 PM
SquareEnix doesn't even like ff13.
---
GT: Roobaaloob
#268metalmariolordPosted 4/4/2013 9:06:29 PM
zentazym posted...
I think would have been a better game if Mario and Sonic were in it.
If you have a counter for that, I eagerly anticipate your rebuttal.

It would be the best RPG evar...
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#269Ryan SiPosted 4/4/2013 9:06:45 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
and before you post anything keep in mind that ff10 is more linear than 13 is, so if you like that game, dont bother bringing up that point.

They are both fairly linear games, but XIII is definitely more linear.

FFX had towns, people to talk to, shops, various mini-games and one of the best stories and casts in the series. Spira is also a beautiful place that's very easy to immerse yourself in.

FFXIII on the other hand is basically a "go straight to the next checkpoint" action game with very little to do outside of that. The shops and everything else are all menu-based. It doesn't even feel like an RPG with virtually no exploration. Not to mention the story is terrible and the games has some of the series worst characters, notably Hope and Snow.
---
Generation's Best: Portal 2 (PC), Xenoblade (Wii)
#270ReDxVaLoOPosted 4/4/2013 9:29:28 PM
The story wasn't memorable at all for me. I played through it (Yes in it's entirety) and I honestly couldn't tell you the plot or even the antagonist of that game. It was just all over the place. For me, story is what most makes a good FF game, and this one bad.
---
You have not experienced pain until you have gone toe-to-toe with a Spiny Lobster