This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

try and tell me how ff13 is bad and i will counter you

#281BrutalBrockenPosted 4/4/2013 10:02:28 PM
If he's such a Retrogamer, then why is it the only Final Fantasies he compares 13 to is FF7,8,9,10,10-2 , and 12?
Personally I dont think XIII is terrible, but since FF 7, the series is becoming more of an interactive movie than an RPG. Some people love watching 10 minute cutscenes and 3 minute summon animations. I don't. I still think Final Fantasy 6 is the best of the series.
Final Fantasy 13 is the only Final Fantasy I never beat. I was 50 hours in and I was just so bored of no exploration, no towns to interact with, Hope's whiny ass, and a cutscene after every other screen. I really wanted to like it.
Yes I liked the graphics, the voice overs were nice, except Hope, I absolutely hate everything about him. The battle system is interesting, not the best or the worst.
I'm also sick of all this future crap in every RPG coming out, Why can't we have more classic idea's like Airships, Dragons, etc. take a break from the sci-fi crap for a game.
I've enjoyed all the Final Fantasies but I did not enjoy 13 enough to bother finishing, maybe i'll give it a shot after I have nothing else to play
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#282chaosflame108Posted 4/4/2013 10:12:39 PM
red eye dragoon posted...
Why is linear treated like such a bad thing? Alot of great games are linear the whole way through until the end and I'm fine with that, I'm playing through illusion of Gaia right now and every minutes been enjoyable while being on a one way path with no backtracking allowed

This, 13 is all about the ride. If you didn't enjoy the ride then the game is clearly not for you. But don't simply bash it for being different. All FF games are different.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#283Ace_DefectivePosted 4/4/2013 10:13:59 PM
No towns. And Lightning isn't hot.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tAjKHgxrJQ <3
Forever hoping for a sequel. Please make it happen, tri-Ace.
#284digitalwill2000Posted 4/4/2013 10:16:21 PM
cant argue with stupidity (i.e people who think ff13 is a good game)
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#285Random-KatePosted 4/4/2013 10:42:33 PM
Oh gawd... I just wanted to see this topic and I get something made by you. Just gonna... you know. Leave.

Oh, my two cents in this... It was OKAY at best. Not the best of the series. Heck, I got bored watching the first few hours.
---
~Quick Match Sackgirl~
Toro Suit = Awesome
#286SandOnMyBootPosted 4/4/2013 10:42:50 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
Why is linear treated like such a bad thing? Alot of great games are linear the whole way through until the end and I'm fine with that, I'm playing through illusion of Gaia right now and every minutes been enjoyable while being on a one way path with no backtracking allowed

This, 13 is all about the ride. If you didn't enjoy the ride then the game is clearly not for you. But don't simply bash it for being different. All FF games are different.

OK. You can no longer bash a puzzle game for not having any puzzles in it. It's clearly not a game for you. You cannot complain about a game of a certain genre leaving out the essential aspects of the genre. It's just being different.

I hope you enjoy your platformer that keeps you on the ground for the entire game.
#287chaosflame108Posted 4/4/2013 10:57:22 PM
SandOnMyBoot posted...
chaosflame108 posted...

OK. You can no longer bash a puzzle game for not having any puzzles in it. It's clearly not a game for you. You cannot complain about a game of a certain genre leaving out the essential aspects of the genre. It's just being different.

I hope you enjoy your platformer that keeps you on the ground for the entire game.

Wow dude, please just stop talking. :P

You swear as if 13 removed all of the series staples; the fact is it didn't.

I bet you are one of these "TOWNSSDELK#$R#$#$#!!!" people, huh? hehehehehe
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#288matty549Posted 4/4/2013 11:03:40 PM
TC, nothing is going to change anyone's mind. I played FF13 for myself, wanting desperately to like it, but instead found it to be a festering pile.

I'm not the only one who came to the conclusion, and the game will always be popular in gamestop used bins.
#289FulvipPosted 4/4/2013 11:06:33 PM
digitalwill2000 posted...
cant argue with stupidity (i.e people who think ff13 is a good game)

There's a chasm between people who like the game and Retroxgamer0.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: TERA, MGR, TR
#290digitalwill2000Posted 4/4/2013 11:28:57 PM
"dont bash it for being different"

oh PAH-leeze. Thats like how people were all apologist over Mirrors Edge because they felt people who didnt like it thought it was a shooter. Err, no, I hate mirrors edge because its an abysmal game given a 9/10. Same with ffxiii, its abysmal
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...