This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

try and tell me how ff13 is bad and i will counter you

#291singhellotakuPosted 4/4/2013 11:55:54 PM
Nobody ever made this topic about Chrono Trigger, if you have to fight over it, it must be bad
#292SuperrpgmanPosted 4/5/2013 12:08:17 AM(edited)
Retroxgamer0 posted...
and before you post anything keep in mind that ff10 is more linear than 13 is, so if you like that game, dont bother bringing up that point.

Yeah...if you're THAT blissfully ignorant, then I don't see why I should even even consider taking you seriously.

Oh, and as I've said in other topics, I actually enjoy FFXIII in sort of an ironic way. I can't stand FFX personally. But unlike you topic creator, I don't ignore logic to support my arguments.

But don't worry, you've got an entire topic which seems to consist of almost entirely blanket statements to make you feel better about yourself. Congrats of achieving your pseudo-intellecual status!

Just remember your personal mission statement, if you completely ignore reality, there's no reason to explain your rationale!

---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#293UnderratedGamerPosted 4/5/2013 12:46:15 AM
petran78 posted...
UnderratedGamer posted...
LoveFreakFlonne posted...
CobraSA posted...
Try countering this:

FFVI
GameFAQs Reader Review Average
9.3 From 79 reviews
GameFAQs Rating Average
9.3 From 2154 users

FFVII
8.9 From 167 reviews
GameFAQs Rating Average
9.0 From 8173 users

FFXIII
6.8 From 123 reviews
GameFAQs Rating Average
7.7 From 6685 users

Ill use gamefaqs logic on that one

The reviewers were bribed for FFVI and FFVII obviously.

These users aren't paid, they're regulars that just like the games so much that most rated them 9's and 10's.

Ffvii and vi appeared before the time when 8/10 was considered a bad score here

8 was never a bad score.

In fact, NP gave FFVI a 3.75 for telling people that it's not directed to kids. 3.75 out of 5 is around a C. But NP also stated that they found little to no flaws in it.

I honestly don't know where you got this random accusation from. Also, to be clear on this, many reviews were made much after their release.
---
Regardless of what anyone says, everyone in the world is an Agnostic considering what we truly know.
#294Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/5/2013 1:48:36 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
and before you post anything keep in mind that ff10 is more linear than 13 is, so if you like that game, dont bother bringing up that point.

Not true. And this is not merely your opinion that I'm disagreeing with, you are *factually wrong*. FF13 is linear in every single way, including in the level/power advancement. FF13's Crysterium is a straight line. FF10's Sphere Grid, by contrast, is a non-linear board game. Also, you can go backwards and return to all the earlier areas in FF10. You can't do that in FF13.

To be sure, FF10 is a very linear game. But to say that it's more linear than FF13 is laughable.

No I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

You can Level multiple Roles anytime you want, making it as non-linear as it gets for FINAL FANTASY.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#295thefabregas22Posted 4/5/2013 2:00:16 AM
I found it boring to play. Not interested in any of the characters. Not a fan of the environments that you're in for a lot of the game. To me its bad. Also this whole thing is pointless. Because in the end it comes down to opinions. You love the game other people hate. I don't know why you chose to do this but you won't convince anyone It's a good game if they don't already think that. They also won't convince you its a bad game. Lastly of course you'll counter them you like the game. They aren't gonna suddenly make you realise you actually hated playing the game. You liked it others didn't so just stop this. It's pointless for everyone.
---
Steam thefabregas22
Psn Admiral Classy Let's got down to the dirty!
#296Castiel39Posted 4/5/2013 2:11:30 AM
The game is the worst of the main series and i'm not going to explain why i don't like it, as i have already did it so many times before. Not worth the hassle, i rather spend my videogame time in videogames i like.
#297deathsaber79Posted 4/5/2013 7:55:33 AM
FF13 was NOT bad. I actually quite liked it. It told a complete story and had a good ending, had engaging battles, and is still staggeringly pretty.

FF13-2 was an abomination- it ruins and retcons 13's story in the sake of making more money- gameplay was mess of garbage inflicted on us in a weak misguided attempt to "fix" what was perceived as "wrong" with 13.

Yes 13 was guilty of spending way too long in the "tutorial" phase of things, and could have used a town hub to return to (and a mini game/option sidequest or two to break things up), but it was a good entry.
#298wh0_kn0wsPosted 4/5/2013 8:07:03 AM
Ace_Defective posted...
And Lightning isn't hot.

no, she isn't "hot". she's strong, flawed, and attractive, which makes her hot.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#299reincarnator07Posted 4/5/2013 8:35:39 AM
It was bad because it was just ok. Nothing stood out. The world was bland. The characters were boring. The combat was pretty much autopilot. They didn't even TRY to hide the linearity. The what little plot was there was told poorly.

FF6 is considered one of the best RPGs ever. FF7, along with MGS, won the 5th generation for Sony, and is easily the most popular JRPG ever (not getting into debates about how good it is/isn't). How do you drop from that to just OK?
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#300CobraSAPosted 4/5/2013 9:57:00 AM
LoveFreakFlonne posted...
CobraSA posted...
Try countering this:

FFVI
9.3 From 79 reviews
GameFAQs Rating Average
9.3 From 2154 users

FFVII
8.9 From 167 reviews
GameFAQs Rating Average
9.0 From 8173 users

FFXIII
6.8 From 123 reviews
GameFAQs Rating Average
7.7 From 6685 users

Ill use gamefaqs logic on that one

The reviewers were bribed for FFVI and FFVII obviously.

I have not included professional reviews, only user reviews/ratings. So it seems you are not capable to counter every point after all.
---
http://mugen.the-chronicles.org