This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

try and tell me how ff13 is bad and i will counter you

#31pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/4/2013 9:35:02 AM(edited)
Lets see TC you said FFX is linear, but FFX has an airship and the ability to go back to any area which makes it less linear then, hallway XIII has no airship and you have very limited actions on going back only to pulse, no other areas are avaliable once you leave them.

final fantasy xiii is considered linear because while the world opens up to you and the game notably becomes less linear about 70% through the game, it is much too late. its the same way for ffx. the airship does open up, but its very very late in the game, just like xiii, and its just a linear path all the way up until that point.

NO it doesn't tc please stop you are not helping your cause, hallway XIII is 95% linear, the whole X point was that you compared FFX to be linear except you left out it has an airship where is it in XIII.

You are trying to hard to convince yourself or anyone.

Also to all you know tc is going to not agree with anything you post..

From: darkphoenix181 | Posted: 4/4/2013 9:31:10 AM | #029
Retroxgamer0 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
spells and summons were really weak and I hate break systems and have hated them since Xenosaga episode 2. They make normal battles way longer than they are supposed to be and boss battles become the same old break them hurry and get them while they are weak, rinse and repeat.

summons are weak in terms of offensive power, but they refill your health, hp, and remove all status ailments, as well as being vital in fights versus giant turtles because they instantly stagger them, meaning in a challenging battles they are vital. normal battles are only long if you are either underleveled, or are using a poor set of paradigms for the fight. boss battles all have different strategies to fight them just like the ps1 and ps2 final fantasy games. a good example would be one boss requires a sentinel to tank the entire fight while you widdle away at it, the next fight is just rush down, another fight might have you target specific limbs, and the next has heavy weaknesses to status ailments, so you are wrong.

nope I know how to play the game. I hate break systems and they lengthen most fights unnecessarily.
---
proud owner of Pikanips

I know how to play it as well also agree with you darkphoenix.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#32pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/4/2013 9:34:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#33SubSeenixPosted 4/4/2013 9:37:37 AM(edited)
Retroxgamer0 posted...
and before you post anything keep in mind that ff10 is more linear than 13 is, so if you like that game, dont bother bringing up that point.

FF10 has a lot of postgame

Dark Aeons + Penance,Ultimate Weapons+Minigames,Monster Farm+Special Boss.Blitzball and other things to do like maxing out the sphere grid with the stats you need.

You had so much to do in that game.

I win - You lose cause FF13 has nothing like that.
The easy mode monsters from the Missions are a complete joke.

13 has absolutely ZERO replay value and it was a pain the whole time.
And i don't say FF10 has anymore real replay value with changing story and stuff but you can actually look forward to do stuff you maybe missed in your first playthrough.
#34Aegisfang22Posted 4/4/2013 9:35:57 AM
Press X.

Launch, 9,999 9,999 9,999 9,999 9,999 9,999 9,999

Press X

Press X

Damage done to me 0.
Rise repeat zzzzzzzzzzz.
#35pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/4/2013 9:37:20 AM(edited)
Retroxgamer0 posted...
and before you post anything keep in mind that ff10 is more linear than 13 is, so if you like that game, dont bother bringing up that point.

FF10 has a lot of postgame

Dark Aeons + Penance,Ultimate Weapons+Minigames,Monster Farm+Special Boss and other things to do like maxing out the sphere grid with the stats you need.

You had so much to do in that game.

I win - You lose cause FF13 has nothing like that.
The easy mode monsters from the Missions are a complete joke.

Maybe what should have been done is older areas had those monster hunts and allowed you to go back to other areas Instead of using just pulse.

Lets have some fun with this topic, this topic is now about oranges.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#36Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/4/2013 9:40:00 AM
1) It's not bad. It's amazing.

2) But:
-How can you justify the lack of must have FINAL FANTASY features like [FINAL FANTASY Main Theme, FINAL FANTASY Prelude and FINAL FANTASY Victory Fanfare]?
-Why no backtracking?
-Why no more optional areas (like Yaschas Massif)?
-Why no some staple FINAL FANTASY Superbosses?
-Why no Save Slots for Paradigms? We have to endure losing our Paradigms every time we change Parties.
-Why not include the manual Gambit System? Why make it automaticall without giving the option for Manual management?
-Why no a few more minigames (like Chocobo Hunting and Dreadnaught Riding)? Maybe a Card game, or Board game the Party could play themselves? Maybe a L'Cie training program the Party could do? What about that Gravity Item Lightning had, why not a minigame based around it? Or a minigame based around Sazh's guns? Why not a minigame with that Robot of Vanille's? Maybe a feature that would let you ride on your Summons in Archylte Steppe and the gameplay would change in a Shmup (like that Archylte Steppe Summon minigame that was cancelled)? Or Chocobo Racing in the time the Party was in Gran Pulse, after rescuing the Chocobos?
-Why not have us visit the few Nomad villages that we saw existed in FINAL FANTASY XIII-2? Maybe let us input some coordinations in our ship and search some more optional areas in Gran Pulse?
-And most importantly, why no change Leader in-battle? It (along Manual management Gambit-like system) would make FINAL FANTASY XIII's Battle System perfect.

As you can see, not everything is perfect. So, go ahead.

You won't hear the trolling reasons from me.
Linearity, towns, no World Map, Auto-Command, or mechanics (except in-battle Leader change) etc, are no issues, but please elaborate on the above.

Sure though, FINAL FANTASY XIII is amazing. Great technical qualities, great visual quality, great sound quality, artstyle, awesome Battle System that is Challenging and Balanced (a series first), great characters that actually develop in a human similar way along awesome side characters, great customization and Level-Up system, tons of stuff to collect, bug-free, awesome mythology and lore, great and deep themes (that imo weren't presented perfectly), awesome Summon system that is unique and useful for once, excellent raw gameplay in general, atmospheric, Options for everyone, great soundtrack, and others.

It has the highest "highs" in the series, but pales in everything else.
I mean, there's no swallowing the not inclusion of the FINAL FANTASY Main Theme/Prelude/Victory Fanfare.
I know, it's Uematsu that didn't have time, but still..... :(

This post is why FINAL FANTASY XIII is my absolute least favorite Main FINAL FANTASY installment.
It's still awesome and I like it alot though, and I'm already nostalgic about it.

But yes. Counter me. lol.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#37Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:41:59 AM
im sorry guys but so far your points have been pretty horrible... i mean you say its boring that is an opinion i cant argue with you if you think the games boring..but that doesnt make the game bad, it just means you are not interested in jrpgs. if you think its boring that is fine, but that doesnt make the game bad, just because it doesnt excite you. this game isnt meant to get your blood pumping its an rpg. if you want an adrenaline rush go play DmC or Tomb Raider.
#38Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:42:50 AM
Aegisfang22 posted...
Press X.

Press X

Press X

Damage done to me 0.
Rise repeat zzzzzzzzzzz.

thats prettymuch what i did for the first half of final fantasy 7. i didnt even need to use magic outside of boss battles. does that make that a bad game too?
#39darkphoenix181Posted 4/4/2013 9:43:32 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
im sorry guys but so far your points have been pretty horrible... i mean you say its boring that is an opinion i cant argue with you if you think the games boring..but that doesnt make the game bad, it just means you are not interested in jrpgs. if you think its boring that is fine, but that doesnt make the game bad, just because it doesnt excite you. this game isnt meant to get your blood pumping its an rpg. if you want an adrenaline rush go play DmC or Tomb Raider.

you realize something being bad is an opinion? Essentially you just admitted defeat.
---
proud owner of Pikanips
#40a gPosted 4/4/2013 9:43:55 AM
FFXIII was so bad that the producers basically admitted that they designed FFXIII-2 to correct all the flaws in FFXIII