This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

try and tell me how ff13 is bad and i will counter you

#41pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/4/2013 9:44:23 AM
im sorry guys but so far your points have been pretty horrible... i mean you say its boring that is an opinion i cant argue with you if you think the games boring..but that doesnt make the game bad, it just means you are not interested in jrpgs. if you think its boring that is fine, but that doesnt make the game bad, just because it doesnt excite you. this game isnt meant to get your blood pumping its an rpg. if you want an adrenaline rush go play DmC or Tomb Raider.

Sorry tc you haven't countered anything the game is bad stop defending it, you are trying to hard, move on.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#42jammiesPosted 4/4/2013 9:45:27 AM
jammies posted...
Not enough black characters.

Have some integrity and counter this like you said you would.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#43pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/4/2013 9:49:00 AM(edited)
FFXIII was so bad that the producers basically admitted that they designed FFXIII-2 to correct all the flaws in FFXIII

Even though SE did say it was made to correct all the complaints in XIII, however I do believe they had plans to make a sequel anyway even before XIII was released,even if XIII turned out to be amazing a sequel still would have happened.

We only know one side of it.

Tc can't handle opinions of any kind which is sad, move on tc.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#44leon_trunksPosted 4/4/2013 9:46:42 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
It's boring.

as ive stated the combat is more exciting than any other final fantasy as you are doing more and it is more active. i dont see how its more fun to slowly choose one ability at a time and wait, than to queue up multiple abilities. it is much improved gameplaywise.

Your statement is exactly the reason why it's boring. You queue up your moves and then what?...just have to sit and wait, watching people trade attacks. In fact, previous FF games where you can do 1 attack per turn are much LESS boring because the 'player input' is needed without long pauses in between. You give a directive, see the reaction and so on. In FF13, you queue up your overkill combo and just look at the clock until you get back to running around.

That's why its boring mate.
---
Sketch Blog - paperuni.blogspot.com
#45TanyaGDPosted 4/4/2013 9:46:51 AM
I loved the story of FF13, and how it's paced, even Hope. It's my #5 top FF story, despite how badly it's delivered. I think this is because I enjoy soap operas.

Unfortunately, the battle system sucks. Every boss and enemy is easily beat with the same method. RAV/RAV/COM. Then switch to RAV/RAV/RAV. Then back to RAV/RAV/COM. And the occasional MED/MED/COM. In one hand I can count the number of fights that require any other roles.

Yes, some boss battles are easier by weakening them with ailments or by boosting your defenses, but at the end of the day, the paradigms I mentioned is all you need. Try beating Lord Ochu from FFX without proper healing, status ailment protection, and summoning Valefor. Giving you an AUTO-BATTLE option is just adding injury to insult.

The battle system sucks TC, and this is what makes the game bad. Without good gameplay, no one with the willpower to finish the game will finish it.
---
I'm a guy. PSN= ss1006
Black 2 FC: 0777-2155-1737
#46NessaJ_TuNPosted 4/4/2013 9:48:27 AM
Because you can't control your own character and play it like hack and slash or action games like in Dark Souls.
#47harcoreblazerPosted 4/4/2013 9:49:22 AM
I dare you to compare this game to the gem that is FF6.
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
#48Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/4/2013 9:49:34 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
toadieman posted...
No traditional victory fanfare.

-final fantasy 10-2 used generic crap not made by nobou utematsu, but had fanfare
-final fantasy 11 did not have fanfare at all
-final fantasy 12 did not have fanfare except for bosses i believe
-final fantasy 13 did not have fanfare
-final fantasy 13-2 had fanfare

FINAL FANTASY Main Theme
It's in every Main FINAL FANTASY installment except FINAL FANTASY II, FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY XIII.
(FINAL FANTASY II is excused because it kinda shares it with the original FINAL FANTASY).

FINAL FANTASY Prelude
It's in every Main FINAL FANTASY installment except FINAL FANTASY XIII.

FINAL FANTASY Victory Fanfare
It's in every Main FINAL FANTASY installment except FINAL FANTASY XIII.

So, pleaaaase.

Note:
-FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 didn't have the FINAL FANTASY Victory Fanfare, nor did FINAL FANTASY X-2, but it doesn't matter since they're not Main installments, but side games to Main installments. As side games they have their own Victory Fanfares.
-FINAL FANTASY XI definitely had the FINAL FANTASY Victory Fanfare lol.
-You said it yourself, FINAL FANTASY XII did have the FINAL FANTASY Victory Fanfare.
-FINAL FANTASY XIII did have a Victory Fanfare, but not the FINAL FANTASY Victory Fanfare that it should have as a Main installment.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#49Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:50:35 AM
-the music in ff13-2 is prob the best in the whole ff series to me, ff13s is decent and wonderful, but yeah it doesnt have classic oldschool ff tunes in there, but that doesnt make the game bad. niether did a lot of the newer final fantasies. i dont recall hearing anything classic in ff11 online, ff12, ff 10-2, etc...

-there is backtracking, after chapter 10. just like final fantasy x. late game. linearity is the only game flaw present here, and i dont see how one flaw makes for a bad game. if thats the case, ffx sucks too, but it clearly doesnt. nostalgic fans say ffx is amazing, and dont care about linearity, therefore dont be a hypocrit.

-after chapter 10 theres plenty of optional areas like yaschas massif. in 10-2 sequel its prob the most open ended final fantasy period. maybe 10-2 is more your flavor of game.

-ff13 made its own staple superbosses that are reoccuring. some of them are also in 13-2.

-you do lose paradigms switching parties, but its not hard to remember which paradigms you were using before you switched

-paradigm system is a major improvement on the gambit system

-the game could have used a few more minigames i guess, but that doesnt make the game bad

-so you want airships to return? ask for that in the sequels, it doesnt make the game bad though

-you say the gameplays near perfect, so you admit the game is far above average. this topic isnt simply pointing out flaws, but rather me counterclaiming flaws that try and state this game is bad, which it is far from. it is one of the best final fantasies, even with little flaws here and there which is turning into just simple nitpicking. the only major flaw is linearity, but again if people overlook this in other ffs, why not this one? everything else is superb unquestionably.
#50Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/4/2013 9:51:24 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
toadieman posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
toadieman posted...
No traditional victory fanfare.

-final fantasy 10-2 used generic crap not made by nobou utematsu, but had fanfare
-final fantasy 11 did not have fanfare at all
-final fantasy 12 did not have fanfare except for bosses i believe
-final fantasy 13 did not have fanfare
-final fantasy 13-2 had fanfare

11 had the traditional fanfare on a level up.
12 had it for bosses yes.

i played final fantasy 11 online for a few years, it did not have fanfare for leveling up unless they added it later.

Yes it did have it lol.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world