This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

try and tell me how ff13 is bad and i will counter you

#51SieKensouPosted 4/4/2013 8:51:36 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
beezer08 posted...
20 hour tutorial

the game is fleshed out, i have 103 hours invested. the first few hours do hit you with tutorials here and there, but by the end of the game you'll be glad, because this game is much more complex than other final fantasies, tehrefore easier to misunderstand, without reading and having full understanding of how the new mechanics work. they just wanted to make sure you understand the combat, since theyve changed it so fundamentally, for the better.

20 hours is not first few...

there's about 10 of 13 chapters that are dedicated tutorials. also, i couldn't play for longer than the story itself. so i don't know where your replay value is. if i ever replay the game it would only be for the story and have to be after a long break away from the game.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#52OkikurmiPosted 4/4/2013 8:52:02 AM
FFXI as had the fanfare since at least 2004. probably since its release though.

The only thing 13 has over any other FF (including 11 and 12) is graphics.
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#53Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/4/2013 8:52:39 AM
Aegisfang22 posted...
Press X.

Launch, 9,999 9,999 9,999 9,999 9,999 9,999 9,999

Press X

Press X

Damage done to me 0.
Rise repeat zzzzzzzzzzz.

Keep lying.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#54Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:52:49 AM
leon_trunks posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
It's boring.

as ive stated the combat is more exciting than any other final fantasy as you are doing more and it is more active. i dont see how its more fun to slowly choose one ability at a time and wait, than to queue up multiple abilities. it is much improved gameplaywise.

Your statement is exactly the reason why it's boring. You queue up your moves and then what?...just have to sit and wait, watching people trade attacks. In fact, previous FF games where you can do 1 attack per turn are much LESS boring because the 'player input' is needed without long pauses in between. You give a directive, see the reaction and so on. In FF13, you queue up your overkill combo and just look at the clock until you get back to running around.

That's why its boring mate.

have you even played this game? first off, older final fantasies had the same ATB bar that had you waiting around. you can end queues early and sometimes you need to because some of the games later bosses are HARD. it is much more action packed and less boring. and even less so in 13-2 where there are added QTEs to cutscenes.
#55SieKensouPosted 4/4/2013 8:52:57 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
-the music in ff13-2 is prob the best in the whole ff series to me, ff13s is decent and wonderful, but yeah it doesnt have classic oldschool ff tunes in there, but that doesnt make the game bad. niether did a lot of the newer final fantasies. i dont recall hearing anything classic in ff11 online, ff12, ff 10-2, etc...

the music in FF13-2 did not match anything it was played to.. that is horrible direction. just because there's loud electric guitars does not mean it is good or properly matching.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#56Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:54:13 AM
SieKensou posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
beezer08 posted...
20 hour tutorial

the game is fleshed out, i have 103 hours invested. the first few hours do hit you with tutorials here and there, but by the end of the game you'll be glad, because this game is much more complex than other final fantasies, tehrefore easier to misunderstand, without reading and having full understanding of how the new mechanics work. they just wanted to make sure you understand the combat, since theyve changed it so fundamentally, for the better.

20 hours is not first few...

there's about 10 of 13 chapters that are dedicated tutorials. also, i couldn't play for longer than the story itself. so i don't know where your replay value is. if i ever replay the game it would only be for the story and have to be after a long break away from the game.

thats the thing, this game isnt made for western game fans who just want to play a full priced game once through, and move onto the next. this game is meant for those wanting to invest heavily into the game. most jrpgs are like this. persona is the same, disgaea is the same. if you dont like it, you probably dont like jrpgs in general.
#57CrimsonCorpPosted 4/4/2013 8:55:14 AM
jammies posted...
jammies posted...
Not enough black characters.

Have some integrity and counter this like you said you would.

XD

I'm also interested in your response to this TC. ignoring it won't make it go away.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#58Lockheart34Posted 4/4/2013 8:55:39 AM
Cocoon is one of the worst locations in a Final Fantasy game ever. You never get the chance to experience the world that is provided. Explain to me how Cocoon is better than locations such as Spira or Ivalice.
---
PSN: Kamurotetsu
#59pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/4/2013 8:58:06 AM
Tc you missed a few posts to try to counter, you are digging yourself into a hole here stop or that hole is going to get deeper.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#60William_18Posted 4/4/2013 8:59:06 AM
I think all the FF games are boring and for the most part unimaginative with weak plots and characters I don't care about. Wild Arms and Breath of Fire were better in my book.

If you can convince me that FF13 is good enough to buy then that will be one amazing feat. .
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.