This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

try and tell me how ff13 is bad and i will counter you

#61SieKensouPosted 4/4/2013 10:00:42 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
SieKensou posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
beezer08 posted...
20 hour tutorial

the game is fleshed out, i have 103 hours invested. the first few hours do hit you with tutorials here and there, but by the end of the game you'll be glad, because this game is much more complex than other final fantasies, tehrefore easier to misunderstand, without reading and having full understanding of how the new mechanics work. they just wanted to make sure you understand the combat, since theyve changed it so fundamentally, for the better.

20 hours is not first few...

there's about 10 of 13 chapters that are dedicated tutorials. also, i couldn't play for longer than the story itself. so i don't know where your replay value is. if i ever replay the game it would only be for the story and have to be after a long break away from the game.

thats the thing, this game isnt made for western game fans who just want to play a full priced game once through, and move onto the next. this game is meant for those wanting to invest heavily into the game. most jrpgs are like this. persona is the same, disgaea is the same. if you dont like it, you probably dont like jrpgs in general.

repeat after me.

10 of 13 chapters are tutorial.

ten of thirteen chapters are tutorial.

TEN of THIRTEEN chapters ARE TUTORIAL.

I ask you again. HOW is 77% og a game being a tutorial any good???....

on top of that, only Chapter 11 has any meat to it out of the last three chapters.. chapter 12 and chapter 13 are so short they don't really exist. so it's probably 85-95% tutorial instead of 77%....

Disgaea has a lot of tutorials, sure, but they are so short, they don't take up any time at all. then you take into consideration the game is mostly based around grinding to insane levels and then rebirthing them to grind to insane levels all over again. the tutorials in that game are equal to none compared to the rest of the game.

i'm pretty sure persona does not have 77% of the game as tutorial either.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#62Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/4/2013 10:04:36 AM
SieKensou posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
SieKensou posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
beezer08 posted...
20 hour tutorial

the game is fleshed out, i have 103 hours invested. the first few hours do hit you with tutorials here and there, but by the end of the game you'll be glad, because this game is much more complex than other final fantasies, tehrefore easier to misunderstand, without reading and having full understanding of how the new mechanics work. they just wanted to make sure you understand the combat, since theyve changed it so fundamentally, for the better.

there's about 10 of 13 chapters that are dedicated tutorials. also, i couldn't play for longer than the story itself. so i don't know where your replay value is. if i ever replay the game it would only be for the story and have to be after a long break away from the game.

thats the thing, this game isnt made for western game fans who just want to play a full priced game once through, and move onto the next. this game is meant for those wanting to invest heavily into the game. most jrpgs are like this. persona is the same, disgaea is the same. if you dont like it, you probably dont like jrpgs in general.

repeat after me.

on top of that, only Chapter 11 has any meat to it out of the last three chapters.. chapter 12 and chapter 13 are so short they don't really exist. so it's probably 85-95% tutorial instead of 77%....

Disgaea has a lot of tutorials, sure, but they are so short, they don't take up any time at all. then you take into consideration the game is mostly based around grinding to insane levels and then rebirthing them to grind to insane levels all over again. the tutorials in that game are equal to none compared to the rest of the game.

Do you really believe these percents?
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#63Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:06:59 AM
CrimsonCorp posted...
jammies posted...
jammies posted...
Not enough black characters.

Have some integrity and counter this like you said you would.

XD

I'm also interested in your response to this TC. ignoring it won't make it go away.

actually most ffs dont have black characters, 13 actually has one so id say it is closer to ending racism than other ff games.
#64Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:08:07 AM
SieKensou posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
SieKensou posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
beezer08 posted...
20 hour tutorial

repeat after me.

youre wrong as are your statistics. adding in a tutorial on a new option opened that lets you can skip through doesnt count as the whole chapter being a tutorial. stop being ignorant.
#65_Judge_GabranthPosted 4/4/2013 10:10:03 AM
Linear- The whole game is a straight line
Awful combat- I used the same strategy the game is dumbed down. Basically you choose between 3 or 4 stance(I forgot what they are called) instead of tons of diffrent moves then mash x
Crap story- They dont explain anything and it doesnt get even a little interesting until like 20 hours in
No cities- One of JRPGs strongest points is world building and you get to see none of this world
Some of the worst characters in teh series-
Forgettable music-
Summons suck-

Easily the worst FF game next to FFII
#66cryoma7Posted 4/4/2013 10:12:08 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
ff13 is one of the best final fantasy games, so i challenge anyone to try and find something to complain about, and i will counter your claim, to prove that you have no idea what you are talking about.

You are either on drugs, autistic , or just plain retarded. It does not take much to notice that square Enix expected that this game was going to flop tell me if the game is so good why has square enix's CEO stepped down? It's obviously not because they have a ton of money . Look at it this way ... You are a retard for thinking this is the best final fantasy game you are so dumb words cannot describe my hat towards you making this topic
---
I did some things, but that's the old me
#67MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 4/4/2013 10:14:25 AM
"Moms are tough!"
#68pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/4/2013 10:14:40 AM
To all keep in mind tc has made this type of topic in the past so no surprise here, seems to waste everyones time on this board.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#69shinra35800Posted 4/4/2013 10:18:29 AM(edited)
the combat in FFXIII is basically the same as any other normal FF. The only thing that is different is that they stay in the position that they move to. Another difference is the floating. I'm not a fan of that just like I wasn't a fan of it in the FF7 movie. But other than that, there's very little difference from the rest besides the p-shift system.
#70GradyHooverPosted 4/4/2013 10:17:02 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
ff13 is one of the best final fantasy games, so i challenge anyone to try and find something to complain about, and i will counter your claim, to prove that you have no idea what you are talking about.

What's funny is how all the critics loved the game until the Internet Hive Mind rebelled against it. The Metacritic scores for XIII and XIII-2 are very good.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games