This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

try and tell me how ff13 is bad and i will counter you

#71pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/4/2013 10:18:05 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
ff13 is one of the best final fantasy games, so i challenge anyone to try and find something to complain about, and i will counter your claim, to prove that you have no idea what you are talking about.

What's funny is how all the critics loved the game until the Internet Hive Mind rebelled against it. The Metacritic scores for XIII and XIII-2 are very good.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games

But keep in mind one thing could be bias also if those people did not play older ones going back years you can't trust those as they could be saying it just to say it.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#72Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:18:38 AM
Linear- The whole game is a straight line

like other final fantasies yeah, especially 10. good thing the story and character backstory is 10/10 so youll stay engaged without needing to explore heavily. this isnt an adventure rpg. if you want that, try ff13-2 does it better than the rest of the series.

Awful combat- I used the same strategy the game is dumbed down. Basically you choose between 3 or 4 stance(I forgot what they are called) instead of tons of diffrent moves then mash x

in other ffs i choose attack and mash x, if its a boss i choose magic and mash x. same deal, except i get to choose a variety of magic at the same time here, making it more diverse. whats the diffrence? rpgs all have "mash x" when it comes to commands..do you spend your time picking out abilities carefully on every trash enemy? then you're being silly.

Crap story- They dont explain anything and it doesnt get even a little interesting until like 20 hours in

they explain everything, and anything unexplained must be researched offline, because its so complex. if complex stories dont interest you, then i recommend this good book i read when i was little called the cat in the hat.

No cities- One of JRPGs strongest points is world building and you get to see none of this world
Some of the worst characters in teh series-
Forgettable music-
Summons suck-

towns and cities were added into the sequel. the game wasnt designed for that, it was designed to be story intensive. story intensive games tend to be more linear by nature. its always that way. the characters are worst how? how is the music forgettable? its beautiful. how do the summons suck? i already cleared this up, theyre vital to harder boss fights because they remove status ailments, stagger some bosses instantly, and heal you to full when summoned.
#73Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:19:13 AM
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
ff13 is one of the best final fantasy games, so i challenge anyone to try and find something to complain about, and i will counter your claim, to prove that you have no idea what you are talking about.

What's funny is how all the critics loved the game until the Internet Hive Mind rebelled against it. The Metacritic scores for XIII and XIII-2 are very good.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games

But keep in mind one thing could be bias also if those people did not play older ones going back years you can't trust those as they could be saying it just to say it.

i played every numbered final fantasy, i think 13 is one of the top 5 in the whole series.
#74OkikurmiPosted 4/4/2013 10:19:34 AM
if you think 10 is as linier as 13 you are deluded and one of the many people missing the point of why 13 is disliked..
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#75Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:22:10 AM(edited)
i wondr if people really think older games had more engaging characters... i really havent seen anyone direly in love with amarant, quina, princess garnet, barret, seifer, or biggs. but even the most unpopular character of ff13 (which i strongly believe is hope) is more engaging than any of those characters all the way to the point where people were glad he was in the sequel xiii-2 and want him in the last part of the trilogy coming out this year.
#76CrimsonCorpPosted 4/4/2013 10:21:50 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
CrimsonCorp posted...
jammies posted...
jammies posted...
Not enough black characters.

Have some integrity and counter this like you said you would.

XD

I'm also interested in your response to this TC. ignoring it won't make it go away.

actually most ffs dont have black characters, 13 actually has one so id say it is closer to ending racism than other ff games.

Actually, it has remained stagnant due to the fact the FF7 had one. XIII simply has returned to the old milestone of having one black guy that was set in 1997. 16 years ago. Racism!!! (Sarcasm. plus I don't want TC to now say FF XIII helps end racism...)
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#77pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/4/2013 10:22:05 AM
i wondr if people really think older games had more engaging characters... i really havent seen anyone direly in love with amarant, quina, princess garnet, barret, seifer, or biggs.

People have moved on from talking about those games and don't need to make topics on them, tc you haven't done anything expect waste the boards time, this topic has been done to death.

Please stop beating the dead horse, also that whole continues to keep getting deeper but keep digging.
---
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#78Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:22:40 AM
i wondr if people really think older games had more engaging characters... i really havent seen anyone direly in love with amarant, quina, princess garnet, barret, seifer, or biggs.

People have moved on from talking about those games and don't need to make topics on them, tc you haven't done anything expect waste the boards time, this topic has been done to death.

Please stop beating the dead horse, also that whole continues to keep getting deeper but keep digging.

get a better username than pokemon and a bunch of numbers.
#79shinra35800Posted 4/4/2013 10:25:57 AM(edited)
i was a fan of admarant and his no fear attack. i liked sarah (garnet) because of her scoop weapon and her summons. barret is in my main team in ff7.

btw, almost all FFs are just press X on attack. In FFX, I've never used ANY skill other than limit breaks, cure, auto-life, summons, or quick hit :P
#80pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/4/2013 10:27:02 AM

get a better username than pokemon and a bunch of numbers.

Sorry but I don't need to make another account or hide behind an alt. As one gamer to another tc you should stop while your ahead because you are losing the game.
---