This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am attending a video game law CLE seminar in a month. Any questions?

#1MlREFOXPosted 4/4/2013 11:41:08 AM
I know it is too much to ask for serious answers only on this site, but if you have any questions about the current state of video game law, post them here. I'll take a peek and offer any insight that I glean from the conference.
#2nihilist212Posted 4/4/2013 11:49:26 AM
There's specific video game law?
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#3theshovellerPosted 4/4/2013 11:54:17 AM
I don't think there are any specific video game laws yet, aside from piracy-related ones.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#4GazelMinistryPosted 4/4/2013 11:55:07 AM
Wow. Another lawyer.
---
I am a nontheist, a nihilist. And I'm sure god loves me anyway.
#5nihilist212Posted 4/4/2013 11:55:34 AM
theshoveller posted...
I don't think there are any specific video game laws yet, aside from piracy-related ones.

Yeah, that's why I'm curious. I can't imagine what type of law they would need to discuss outside of that and things like copyrights.
---
#6ZetgobPosted 4/4/2013 11:57:37 AM
How difficult would it be to create a law that bans idiots from continuing to waste money and resources trying to make pointless video game laws? I thought after the SC ruling maybe people would learn their lessons, but they still continue to use games as a scape goat.
#7MlREFOX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 12:00:31 PM
nihilist212 posted...

No, but it is a specific application of other areas if the law like contracts and IP to video-game related issues.
#8theshovellerPosted 4/4/2013 12:01:10 PM
Zetgob posted...
How difficult would it be to create a law that bans idiots from continuing to waste money and resources trying to make pointless video game laws? I thought after the SC ruling maybe people would learn their lessons, but they still continue to use games as a scape goat.

Good question! Let's form a committee to discuss how best to proceed with making some sort of commission to investigate how we can best execute this plan!

....... And that's why I kinda hate how the political machine works in the US. On paper, it sounds good. How it is right now, it's just a bunch of chest-puffing and self-inflation mixed with making yourself look good to your constituents without actually accomplishing anything but wasting their money.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#9RayconPosted 4/4/2013 12:01:59 PM
Sure, I have one. Is there any news about what's being done with the Aliens: Colonial Marines scandal?
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#10nihilist212Posted 4/4/2013 12:02:40 PM
MlREFOX posted...
nihilist212 posted...

No, but it is a specific application of other areas if the law like contracts and IP to video-game related issues.

Ah, I see. That makes sense then.
---