This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am attending a video game law CLE seminar in a month. Any questions?

#31MlREFOX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 1:43:45 PM
Gunzleader posted...
pass this along to your boss. make it illegal to try and pass used games laws like that one country did . i just wanna laugh at anti used moronic lil kids.

This is actually a big topic right now and it hinges on further understanding of software as license. Licenses may be limited but products are resalable.

Of course, if you are ignorant of how the law works and think that contract issues aren't related to video games, then ignore what I said and pretend that it isn't happening.
#32MlREFOX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 1:46:16 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
MlREFOX posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
.... Videogames fall under intellectual property copyright law you clod. It covers the intellectual property of the engine designer thats either being licensed for game production or for creating of a new engine, the written work as well as the graphical design and music.

Everything your talking about is production and redistribution laws that would fall outside of the actual act of videogames and more into the marketing and distribution aspect.

For once I agree with Shine (and hell just froze over) go back to Ace Attorney because you have no idea what the hell your talking about :/

So if you agree to an EULA, violate a condition of the EULA, have your license revoked, then attempt to sue or arbitrate, it is an intellectual property issue?

If you buy a used game from a reseller only to find that it has been previously used but they do not accept a return, it is an intellectual property issue?

If you resell digital content and the lisensor brings action his only cause of action is infringement?

You claim to know the law, so please answer.

... That would be a breach of contract which would fall outside of the Videogame related law and into contract law.

That's a property law and potentially a contract law depending on time passage between time and or written agreements as well as depending on where the item is purchased.

And redistribution of digital media via reselling then they have no call to action ever since Germany ruled it was unlawful to restrict the redistribution of property be it digital or otherwise by the purchaser of said product. This law then changes depending on where you are and the terms by which you are transferring the game.

You really are just digging yourself deeper since you are providing incredibly stupid examples in an attempt to make others look stupid. And somehow try and ... Well frankly I don't know what the Sam hell your trying to accomplish by doing so aside from proving how incredibly infantile you are.

You remind me of that kid in school that when someone questions his idea he rebuts with a completely unrelated and incredibly stupid point in an attempt to defend his own idiotic idea.

But then again you were also the person who couldn't grasp that the selling of used games is the selling of tangible property rather than intellectual so I don't know why I should be expecting anything from you :/.

Interesting, because the first case I mentioned was an already-litigated class action suit against Microsoft for suspending XBox licenses. As you correctly said, it was based on the law of contracts.

So please explain to me how a high profile suit against a leading console manufacturer regarding usage and services on the highest-selling video game console has nothing to do with video game law.
#33jubjub360Posted 4/4/2013 1:47:02 PM
ITT: people who think they know the law except they don't. At least I can believe Mirefox actually has a tangible degree.

What are your credentials Mire?
#34MlREFOX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 1:53:34 PM
jubjub360 posted...
ITT: people who think they know the law except they don't. At least I can believe Mirefox actually has a tangible degree.

What are your credentials Mire?

Sent you a PM