This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what do you guys think of Rainbowmoon?

#1Spartan718Posted 4/4/2013 11:39:09 AM
its only $7.99 with ps+ so wondering what people think of it? played the demo seems interesting, but just wondering if it stays good/gets better
---
PSN:Spartan_718
"The feeble tremble before opinion,the foolish defy it, the wise judge it, and the skillful direct it" ~ Jeanne Roland
#2Elswood2112Posted 4/4/2013 11:42:05 AM
Good value I would say. Can play it anywhere from 50-100 to even 150 hrs without running out of stuff to do. That said, it doesn't really pick up until you get the third character and can move several times per turn. Also, recycled areas can drag down the experience, but the music is great and the gameplay is overall good. Don't expect too much from the story and you'll be fine- it has a strange way of being addicting yet extremely simple.
---
PSN: Elswood2112
Steam/Origin: shirahadori
#3RockSauronPosted 4/4/2013 1:26:19 PM
I just hope the discount lasts until I get my free money from Sony... that's what I'm planning on spending it on.
---
Hi. I rawk.
#4CorathTheHungPosted 4/4/2013 1:41:07 PM
Good game. Alot of bang for your buck.
---
Mods cannot hold me
Terms of Use cannot control me
#5Klic42Posted 4/5/2013 12:23:40 AM
I bought rainbow moon when it first came out and I really enjoy it. It is very grind heavy, especially on hard. I have only 2 gripes about the game. The first being the paper, rock scissors battle mechanic where A is strong against B but weak against C and neutral against D. The other is only the person who lands the killing blow on a bad guy gets the upgrade orbs. It is an unnecessary addition that can draw out fights just to make sure everyone is getting some of the battle spoils.

Other than those 2 issues, the game is great. The music is fantastic and the graphics are a joy to look at. There is plenty of dungeon crawling to be had. The game rewards you for using your special abilities by making them stronger the more you use them. The story is nothing special but it serves its purpose. There is easily 100 hours worth of gameplay if you tackle the end game content.

If you are not into grinding they have some fairly cheap DLC that will provide you with a plethora of Rainbow Orbs (the orbs used to increase stats) and coins. There is a cap on how much you can raise your stats each level so it's not going to make you too over powered, but you wont have to sit around grinding if you don't want to.
---
E-FSC 2-7 CAV
#6exile2000Posted 4/5/2013 12:39:27 AM
The game is mediocre at best. And im a huge RPG fan.
---
Haaaaaaaaadouken!
#7Waggy431Posted 4/5/2013 2:42:11 AM
One of my favorite games this gen. It can be a grind-fest at times and the story is weak, but I really enjoyed the battle system. It's a rpg game with an srpg battle system. I bought it at 15 bucks and feel I got my money worth, so I would recommend getting this while it's on sale.
---
psn: waggy431
#8xJubezxPosted 4/5/2013 6:42:56 AM
Outstanding game, with GREAT music, fun visuals, and definitely that old school PS1 feel you might miss if you played JRPG's back then. Plays more like Disgaea than Final Fantasy Tactics I would say though. As someone said before, only the killer gets the orbs to upgrade, so some may fall behind. You'll have to closely manage your party and not make 1 character overpowered because there will be bosses that are strong against that one character and you'll be sh*t outta luck.
---
PSN- Jubez187
Platinums: Dark/Demon's Souls, Dragon Age II, Tales of Graces F, Ni No Kuni
#9yarrmateysPosted 4/6/2013 3:34:33 AM
Fortunately, it seems like the sale is for the entire month of April

http://www.rainbowmoongame.com/news.php?id=45
---
--
-
#10HolyMcmolyPosted 4/6/2013 3:44:13 AM
Rainbow Moon has similar gameplay to Disgaea, right? I've been wanting to get RM and D4 but I've heard both games require a lot of the players time, because of the level grinding in both of them, so I only want to get one. Are they different enough from each other to warrant getting both?