This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate Demons Souls

#1NE_PatriotsFanPosted 4/4/2013 1:39:04 PM(edited)
I hate it. It puts an anger in me like no other. It was free for PS+, sure ill try it. Finished 1-1, okay not so bad... Started 2-1 (recommended next level for noobs) and i got slaughtered. Lost 3000 souls, took me an hour to get that much and i lose them because i get mauled to death by 3 dogs who are so erratic in their movements that its impossible to survive.

Why are there no check points? Start ALL OVER, from the beginning?!!?!

Dark Souls, now thats a fair game, it has checkpoints, you dont need to start all over. Tough game sure, but it as checkpoints all over the place.

EDIT: Ill take it back, the game doesn't suck, it just owned my life like no other game has. Not even Dark Souls owned me this hard (this is my first time playing Demons)

/rant
---
It's funny how we give thanks for all that we have on Thanksgiving Day and then the next day go out and act like a bunch of materialistic idiots.
#2LodeiroSnakePosted 4/4/2013 1:33:19 PM
Here, have a flame shield. U'll need it......
---
"Doesn't matter. I hate Nintendo so only people who hate Nintendo are right. Nintendo could buy all the food in the world. I'd rather **** starve!"
#3kupo1705Posted 4/4/2013 1:33:28 PM
There are checkpoints and shortcuts.
#4toadiemanPosted 4/4/2013 1:34:19 PM
Block next time.
---
PSN: toadieman
#5SigmaHacielPosted 4/4/2013 1:35:48 PM
This is why checkpoints ruined gamers.

It isn't like Demon Souls' stages are massive. So what if you failed. Go back and try again. This time doing something you didn't do before.

That is the necessary human reaction to failure.

Also, just because a stage is designated by random people as "noob-friendly", it doesn't mean they necessarily are.

Btw, the dogs are the lowest worry in that stage, and they aren't that bad. They aren't erratic. They watch, they lunge. Block, hit, react.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#6Mattywright77Posted 4/4/2013 1:35:49 PM
Your entitled to your opinion and I do not begrude it, but lol Dark being more fair about death than demons.

The reason there is more checkpoints is because its open and not levels. Beyond that its pretty much the same.
---
Now playing : Mass Effect, Bulletstorm
#7NE_PatriotsFan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 1:36:43 PM
toadieman posted...
Block next time.

That dude who shoots fire, blocking does nothing, fine ill just dodge it, the fire moves slow anyways, nope he shoots them too fast i can only get 1 hit in before i get destroyed.

Those dogs surround me, i try to block but they are on all 3 sides, ive never in my life seen flanking so perfectly done, these dogs should be the entire game. Just one level, defeat the dogs you win the game, they should be a boss fight.
---
It's funny how we give thanks for all that we have on Thanksgiving Day and then the next day go out and act like a bunch of materialistic idiots.
#8Bleachfreak7Posted 4/4/2013 1:37:23 PM
Gotta love tue beginning when 3000 souls takes an hour.
---
3DS FC: 3437-3085-0365 - HC4 Klash
GE FC: 5486-3590-6471
#9superbowl54Posted 4/4/2013 1:45:11 PM
while it's true Dark improved in every possible way on Demon's, the latter is hardly "bad".

There's shortcuts everywhere.

Use and abuse the Royalty class, my friend, you'll appreciate it.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#10SigmaHacielPosted 4/4/2013 1:46:10 PM
NE_PatriotsFan posted...
toadieman posted...
Block next time.

That dude who shoots fire, blocking does nothing, fine ill just dodge it, the fire moves slow anyways, nope he shoots them too fast i can only get 1 hit in before i get destroyed.

Those dogs surround me, i try to block but they are on all 3 sides, ive never in my life seen flanking so perfectly done, these dogs should be the entire game. Just one level, defeat the dogs you win the game, they should be a boss fight.

So basically, a massive case of L2P.

A - Not all shields block MAGIC. Or even Fire.

B - DODGE. USE IT.

C - MOVE. The only reason you were flanked is because YOU STOPPED MOVING.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.