This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate Demons Souls

#51CronoDynePosted 4/4/2013 8:32:03 PM(edited)
SigmaHaciel posted...
CronoDyne posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
This is why checkpoints ruined gamers.

Checkpoints were the natural, common sense progressions of games. If I get through point A and point B and point C, but fail at point D, why should I be forced to go through A-C again? I've already proven I can beat those points, so being forced through them again is just an unnecessary annoyance and manufactured "difficulty."

Because checkpoints also ruined SAVING.

So now, you gotta go out of your way JUST to find a checkpoint to save your crap at.

Also, natural progression doesn't make it good. It belittles the idea that you are facing a challenge when you can just pop right back where you were.

Your argument makes no sense. First, in how many games are you forced to go to a checkpoint to save your game? There's plenty of games that have checkpoints and auto/manual saving. You're trying to belittle the entire system of checkpoints with so-far non existent examples, examples that are specific to individual titles and are not representative as checkpoints as a whole.

Second, if you get past point A and point B, then you're already good enough to get past point A and point B. Why redo these segments? It's just tedium. The challenge is getting through the obstacle. Forcing you to redo the entire level because you fail near the end is just a disincentive to actually play the game. Allowing you to start off where you fail allows you to keep trying without wading through the same crap you've already completed over and over again, which then allows you to get better at that segment and move on. You need to keep practicing the challenging segment until you master it, but you can't practice it efficiently when you're forced to redo already mastered segments.

Imagine studying for a chapter exam just to force yourself to study for the previous chapter exam, an exam you already aced. How is that preparing you for the current exam? You already know the material, it's time to move on.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#52xxHerchxxPosted 4/4/2013 10:15:45 PM
Aww nobody got my previous message reference?
---
CUHHHHRAZY!!!
#53PhaseSlaethePosted 4/4/2013 10:16:42 PM
NE_PatriotsFan posted...

Definition
Criticism is the practice of judging the merits and faults of something or someone in a sometimes negative way.

Where in that does it say anything about it needing to be legit? You are the joke, trying to make up meaning for words..lol

If you can't realize that criticism stops being relevant when it is in fact WHINING, the joke is on you. Or it is just you.
#54Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 4/4/2013 10:24:57 PM
Demon's Souls hates you
#55bad3ip420Posted 4/4/2013 10:31:48 PM
People who favor DeS without checkpoints doesn't have a life and lives in the basement of their parent's house. It is simply a bad design so From fixed it in DS.

We, as productive citizens, have lives to live, got jobs, got REAL friends and family. When "we" play games, our progression through a level means that we proved that we can overcome the obstacle. If the game forces you to go through it again from the very beginning, it's simply a way to sink more time and does not offer any real explanation to why the game did it other than to waste your life which you could be spending doing other meaningful things.
---
PSN: Remall69 (Playing: Dragon's Dogma)
"MC: Gutts l Pawn: Griffith (JOIN THE BAND OF THE HAWK NOW!)
#56Stanger5150Posted 4/4/2013 10:32:03 PM
NE_PatriotsFan posted...
I am using royal, lots of people recommend it.

Anyway, this game has driven me so mad, that i need to complete it just so i can basically tell the game to go f itself.

You need to complete it to tell it to f*** itself?

THAT, my friend, is the reason many of us love the game. You're already a fan, you just don't know it yet.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782