This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some of the Prices I Paid for Games. Why Are PS3 Games Expensive.

#1SirisS-G-PPosted 4/4/2013 4:21:08 PM
These are some of the prices I payed for games recently and was wondering why are these games so much more expensive on PS3, even during the holidays?

BioShock 1 and BioShock 2 --- $2.50 each

Spec Ops the Line and Darkness 2 --- $2.50 each

Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Morrowind, Skrim, Rage, Rough Warrior, Doom 3 BFG, Hunted, and Dishonored. --- All for $27

Darksiders 1, Darksiders 2, Red Faction Guerrilla, and Red Faction Armageddon --- All for $6.72

HitMan Absolution ---$10
#2harcoreblazerPosted 4/4/2013 4:22:39 PM
Tell me where can i buy those games at those prices and i'm gonna go there faster than sonic.
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
#3dankanefanPosted 4/4/2013 4:24:40 PM
You paid for licenses to use the games. Good luck playing them when the services eventually get shut down. Also, you can't sell them if you don't like them and you can't let friends borrow them.

Physical media will always be more not only because there are material costs but because the benefit of actually owning the product is important. Plus those are all old games, they were a lot more expensive when they were new.
---
Sac City Gamer - http://www.saccitygamer.wordpress.com
@SacCityGamer ~ www.facebook.com/SacCityGamer
#4Thor61Posted 4/4/2013 4:25:16 PM
Usually PS3 games are cheap if you wait for a price drop. The only time I buy new is when it's a multi player game because I wanna play it when the community is still new.
#5kaiser ryuPosted 4/4/2013 4:28:42 PM
If he got those on Steam, if/when it's shut down he keeps them for as long as their copies hold out on his hard drive/s.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#6SirisS-G-P(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 4:36:16 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
Tell me where can i buy those games at those prices and i'm gonna go there faster than sonic.

Steam, Amazon, GreenManGaming, GamersGate, GoG, GameFly, and many more, but those are the main ones.

dankanefan posted...
You paid for licenses to use the games. Good luck playing them when the services eventually get shut down. Also, you can't sell them if you don't like them and you can't let friends borrow them.

Physical media will always be more not only because there are material costs but because the benefit of actually owning the product is important. Plus those are all old games, they were a lot more expensive when they were new.

You also pay for a license to play a PS3 game, the different is, beside the PS3 console itself being a form of DRM, PS3 games are DRM free. Most PC game are DRM but if the service goes goes down, Im sure there will be a crack.

Buying the games so cheaply, I'm not to worry about selling them or lending the games out (since I can't), but in fact I bought two of those spec ops and Darkness 2 bundles, one for me and a friend. Still cheaper than buying both games and lending them out.

I can backup, and burn these games to DVD's, Then I have it on a physical media as well.
#7dankanefanPosted 4/4/2013 6:48:36 PM
SirisS-G-P posted...
harcoreblazer posted...

Steam, Amazon, GreenManGaming, GamersGate, GoG, GameFly, and many more, but those are the main ones.

dankanefan posted...

You also pay for a license to play a PS3 game, the different is, beside the PS3 console itself being a form of DRM, PS3 games are DRM free. Most PC game are DRM but if the service goes goes down, Im sure there will be a crack.

Buying the games so cheaply, I'm not to worry about selling them or lending the games out (since I can't), but in fact I bought two of those spec ops and Darkness 2 bundles, one for me and a friend. Still cheaper than buying both games and lending them out.

I can backup, and burn these games to DVD's, Then I have it on a physical media as well.

A crack is irrelevant if you don't have a backup.

Some people appreciate actual copies of games like the boxes/manuals/artwork/etc. Also, I get most of my console games for $10 or under.
---
Sac City Gamer - http://www.saccitygamer.wordpress.com
@SacCityGamer ~ www.facebook.com/SacCityGamer
#8Still__RippinPosted 4/4/2013 6:52:08 PM
dankanefan posted...

LOL!!!! I always laugh so damn hard when people don't know even when you buy the disk you still are only paying for the license to play the game. Also, why are you physical hoarders always assuming digital games will be unplayable one day? It isn't like he is streaming them. If PSN goes down all my PSN downloads are still playable..... PC is much more affordable than a console. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

To the TC. Why are you trolling? Why are you surprised that you bought a bunch of old ass PC games for cheap? Everyone knows that.
---
Oddly enough, l can't think of a sig right now. Please, feel free to suggest one for me.
#9jrr18Posted 4/4/2013 6:55:48 PM
is it worth pointing out that morrowind never got a play station version?
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#10RyuuHou25Posted 4/4/2013 7:03:46 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
dankanefan posted...

LOL!!!! I always laugh so damn hard when people don't know even when you buy the disk you still are only paying for the license to play the game. Also, why are you physical hoarders always assuming digital games will be unplayable one day? It isn't like he is streaming them. If PSN goes down all my PSN downloads are still playable..... PC is much more affordable than a console. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

To the TC. Why are you trolling? Why are you surprised that you bought a bunch of old ass PC games for cheap? Everyone knows that.

Until your Hard Drive inevitably dies or your console does. Not to mention the online components would cease to work. I'm sorry you fail to understand that.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB