This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Start button only works if pressed with other buttons.

#1GatlaeusPosted 4/4/2013 5:53:26 PM
So beginning a couple days ago, the start button on my controller won't respond if I just press it alone. However, if I press it with Select or up, down, or right on the d-pad, it will work. Does anyone know a solution to this issue?
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e288/teeran2/68x5b5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Gatlaeus.jpg
#2Still__RippinPosted 4/4/2013 5:54:29 PM
Buy a new controller.
---
Oddly enough, l can't think of a sig right now. Please, feel free to suggest one for me.
#3markd23Posted 4/4/2013 5:57:35 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
Buy a new controller.

Dude, you realize this is a PS3 Hardware board right? This is a perfectly legit place to post this issue, so think about that before you provide nothing but useless remarks.

TC, sorry I don't have any suggestions. Never happened to me but hopefully someone here can help.
---
Currently Playing: | Suikoden II | Dishonored |
PSN: Down_Time
#4Still__RippinPosted 4/4/2013 5:58:46 PM
markd23 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Buy a new controller.

Dude, you realize this is a PS3 Hardware board right? This is a perfectly legit place to post this issue, so think about that before you provide nothing but useless remarks.

TC, sorry I don't have any suggestions. Never happened to me but hopefully someone here can help.

How is the best answer to his problem a useless suggestion exactly?
---
Oddly enough, l can't think of a sig right now. Please, feel free to suggest one for me.
#5markd23Posted 4/4/2013 6:01:45 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
markd23 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Buy a new controller.

It being the 'best' option is subjective and depends on the situation TC has, which you have no information about. I'm sure TC is capable of coming to that conclusion himself/herself and was instead looking for possible alternatives. That's why I labeled your response as useless.
---
#6Still__RippinPosted 4/4/2013 6:08:07 PM
markd23 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
markd23 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Buy a new controller.

It being the 'best' option is subjective and depends on the situation TC has, which you have no information about. I'm sure TC is capable of coming to that conclusion himself/herself and was instead looking for possible alternatives. That's why I labeled your response as useless.

Well, l hate to break it for you but whether or not something or useless isn't a matter of opinion. The fact of the matter is the optimal solution is to have a new controller.
---
#7markd23Posted 4/4/2013 6:20:53 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
markd23 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
markd23 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Buy a new controller.

Well, l hate to break it for you but whether or not something or useless isn't a matter of opinion. The fact of the matter is the optimal solution is to have a new controller.

I was simply just trying to point out that your suggestion of it was useless and nothing more than a 'clever' remark. Perhaps I'm wrong and you were actually genuine. Still though, I think the TC is looking for alternatives to buying a new controller.
---
#8RyuuHou25Posted 4/4/2013 6:28:29 PM
Here's the alternative -

Open the controller and manually resolder whatever is causing the connection issues. This is going to require you actually going one by one and testing the electrical current through each connection until you find the correct one. It's going to require you having equipment that is probably more expensive than a new controller.

So buy a new controller.

That's why Still said that. That's why you have no brain mark. Plus you made me actually back up something Still said. I have to go commit Seppuku now.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#9markd23Posted 4/4/2013 6:42:06 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Here's the alternative -

Open the controller and manually resolder whatever is causing the connection issues. This is going to require you actually going one by one and testing the electrical current through each connection until you find the correct one. It's going to require you having equipment that is probably more expensive than a new controller.

So buy a new controller.

That's why Still said that. That's why you have no brain mark. Plus you made me actually back up something Still said. I have to go commit Seppuku now.

I have no brain because I don't make assumptions about the TC? Perhaps he has the equipment and skills to perform what you said and so it wouldn't cost extra, do you know for sure? Or perhaps he has a genuine interest in resolving the issue on his own as you suggested because he enjoys doing those types of things. Do you know for sure? Because I don't.

The only assumption I made was that the TC had enough sense to determine a new controller was a possible alternative on hid own, and therefore didn't need anyone else to to provide that suggestion. Perhaps I'm wrong in giving him that much credit, but I don't assume everyone is brainless except me, unlike yourself.

Suggesting a used controller might be of mire help, because perhaps TC hadn't considered that and can thus save a few $$ if that's a concern.
---
#10Still__RippinPosted 4/4/2013 6:43:09 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Here's the alternative -

So buy a new controller.

LOL!!!!! :P Yeah, l love you too good sir :)
---