This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Start button only works if pressed with other buttons.

#11RyuuHou25Posted 4/4/2013 9:17:06 PM
markd23 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Here's the alternative -

Open the controller and manually resolder whatever is causing the connection issues. This is going to require you actually going one by one and testing the electrical current through each connection until you find the correct one. It's going to require you having equipment that is probably more expensive than a new controller.

So buy a new controller.

That's why Still said that. That's why you have no brain mark. Plus you made me actually back up something Still said. I have to go commit Seppuku now.

I have no brain because I don't make assumptions about the TC? Perhaps he has the equipment and skills to perform what you said and so it wouldn't cost extra, do you know for sure? Or perhaps he has a genuine interest in resolving the issue on his own as you suggested because he enjoys doing those types of things. Do you know for sure? Because I don't.

The only assumption I made was that the TC had enough sense to determine a new controller was a possible alternative on hid own, and therefore didn't need anyone else to to provide that suggestion. Perhaps I'm wrong in giving him that much credit, but I don't assume everyone is brainless except me, unlike yourself.

Suggesting a used controller might be of mire help, because perhaps TC hadn't considered that and can thus save a few $$ if that's a concern.

If they do, great! If they know how to properly solder and know about electrical connections and have hundreds of dollars worth of equipment needed to do it, great!

However, here's the part you miss - if they had this, had the knowledge, they wouldn't be asking about how to fix this problem. They'd know how. You think an electrician goes onto Gfaqs, to inquire to other people about something they know how to do?

Reason and logic would dictate, no. There's assuming, and there's coming to a logical conclusion through what you know. Still may or may not have said it for that reason, but it doesn't negate that IS the best solution.

Also, when saying new....that is in reference to a controller that is not the original, that's not in reference to the state of the new controller. If it was saying that, the correct terminology would have been something like "You need a new controller, you should go out and buy a new controller"

It's about context. Getting a used controller to replace the broken one, that's still acquiring a new controller. One is the old one, one is the new one, in new/used condition, whatever.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#12ImDyinSquirtlePosted 4/4/2013 11:58:36 PM(edited)
markd23 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Here's the alternative -

Open the controller and manually resolder whatever is causing the connection issues. This is going to require you actually going one by one and testing the electrical current through each connection until you find the correct one. It's going to require you having equipment that is probably more expensive than a new controller.

So buy a new controller.

That's why Still said that. That's why you have no brain mark. Plus you made me actually back up something Still said. I have to go commit Seppuku now.

I have no brain because I don't make assumptions about the TC? Perhaps he has the equipment and skills to perform what you said and so it wouldn't cost extra, do you know for sure? Or perhaps he has a genuine interest in resolving the issue on his own as you suggested because he enjoys doing those types of things. Do you know for sure? Because I don't.

The only assumption I made was that the TC had enough sense to determine a new controller was a possible alternative on hid own, and therefore didn't need anyone else to to provide that suggestion. Perhaps I'm wrong in giving him that much credit, but I don't assume everyone is brainless except me, unlike yourself.

Suggesting a used controller might be of mire help, because perhaps TC hadn't considered that and can thus save a few $$ if that's a concern.

What does making assumptions have to do with anything?

The controller does not work properly, so there are ONLY two options to resolve it
1) Fix it
2) Buy another one

Out of those 2 options, buying another controller is the easiest, quickest, and least expensive.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying