This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After reading and responding to GameFAQs threads, my gaming-drive has...

#1furrybeaversPosted 4/4/2013 7:36:23 PM
...declined significantly. Anyone else feel the same way?

It's like slamming two bricks onto my controller and then trying to play a game.

Uhh, cheers...?
---
Still haven't finished 'The Shield'. Not really playing anything at the moment.
Care less, have power
#2Mattywright77Posted 4/4/2013 7:44:28 PM
No...sorry if the negative hype of this site has got you down.
---
Now playing : Mass Effect, Bulletstorm
#3KoroshiyaZeroPosted 4/4/2013 7:45:16 PM
This community has become increasingly toxic in the last couple of years. It used to be a place to find breaking news or share strategies and tips. Now it's a breeding ground for trolls, whiners and other disgusting denizens of the internet's underbelly.

I actually think I will stop coming to this site soon, with so many gaming blogs and wikis this site becomes increasingly useless for anything valuable or productive.
#4yuber112Posted 4/4/2013 7:47:16 PM
Maybe that's what it is. I've been coming here more than usual lately. I've also gotten very little enjoyment and have almost no enthusiasm for gaming anymore.
#5Shy420Posted 4/4/2013 7:51:41 PM
Yup and the sad thing is everyone knows it.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#6Still__RippinPosted 4/4/2013 7:55:32 PM
You people are openly admitting that the trolls have done exactly what they wanted. LOL, it's funny really. How can you let trolls on a forum have such a significant impact on your likely, favorite hobby? I laugh at over half the people on here honestly, even more hysterical is most of the big trolls have openly admitted to not even playing games. l suggest you just play your favorite games laugh at anyone else. Or, move to Colorado and make yourself feel better.
---
Oddly enough, l can't think of a sig right now. Please, feel free to suggest one for me.
#7furrybeavers(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:00:02 PM
To be honest, in the context of my post, I could technically be considered a troll. I really don't usually complain. But come on guys! Like KoroshiyaZero said, this place used to be a wealth of knowledge.

I remember when I used to go to GAMESAGES, "The Cure For the Common Code." (absorbed into IGN, if I'm not mistaken)

Stop the trolling! Rise up!

Cheers!
---
Still haven't finished 'The Shield'. Not really playing anything at the moment.
Care less, have power
#8KoroshiyaZeroPosted 4/4/2013 8:35:13 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
You people are openly admitting that the trolls have done exactly what they wanted. LOL, it's funny really. How can you let trolls on a forum have such a significant impact on your likely, favorite hobby? I laugh at over half the people on here honestly, even more hysterical is most of the big trolls have openly admitted to not even playing games. l suggest you just play your favorite games laugh at anyone else. Or, move to Colorado and make yourself feel better.

Trolls don't impact me very much, most are quite obvious and are often embarrassingly bad at what they try to do. My issue is really how the gaming community en masse has devolved into bickering about the most inane things. Wading through all the threads of garbage to find an insightful or informative thread is the problem. Looking at this board and many of the other ones, it seems gamers don't want to discuss the finer points of games anymore. I remember great in depth discussions of games being the focal point of this site.

TC, I wouldn't consider your post trolling in the slightest. It's valuable to identify the problems with this site, as I'm sure you aren't the only person to have them, in order to try and rectify them. Though maybe this is what the community wants now; copycat threads, misinformation and an endless sea of complaining.

All just my opinion.
#9Still__RippinPosted 4/4/2013 8:37:48 PM
KoroshiyaZero posted...
Still__Rippin posted...

Trolls don't impact me very much, most are quite obvious and are often embarrassingly bad at what they try to do. My issue is really how the gaming community en masse has devolved into bickering about the most inane things. Wading through all the threads of garbage to find an insightful or informative thread is the problem. Looking at this board and many of the other ones, it seems gamers don't want to discuss the finer points of games anymore. I remember great in depth discussions of games being the focal point of this site.

TC, I wouldn't consider your post trolling in the slightest. It's valuable to identify the problems with this site, as I'm sure you aren't the only person to have them, in order to try and rectify them. Though maybe this is what the community wants now; copycat threads, misinformation and an endless sea of complaining.

All just my opinion.

That can all be solved by using that hand dandy ignore feature. There are a few key posters, maybe around 15 that do nothing but spout BS and troll.
---
- He doesn't row?
- No, he DOESN'T row.
#10Mutant1988Posted 4/4/2013 8:46:56 PM
If you're posting and reading here you weren't in the mood to play games to begin with.

It's just another form of procrastination.

Never once has anything I've read here put me off actual gaming.

The claims and opinions of trolls and idiots are just as useless as they are. To me, they're nothing but fodder for ridicule.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.