This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After reading and responding to GameFAQs threads, my gaming-drive has...

#11KoroshiyaZeroPosted 4/4/2013 7:49:14 PM
^ I got a number of people on my ignore list. It doesn't change the overall atmosphere and tone of this place tho. The trolls are the source of at least part of the disease, but it's already infected so many normies that it's become the staus quo to rag on games if you don't like them. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone on here as there are a lot of great regular users.
#12KaliestoPosted 4/4/2013 7:54:30 PM(edited)
KoroshiyaZero posted...
This community has become increasingly toxic in the last couple of years. It used to be a place to find breaking news or share strategies and tips. Now it's a breeding ground for trolls, whiners and other disgusting denizens of the internet's underbelly.

I actually think I will stop coming to this site soon, with so many gaming blogs and wikis this site becomes increasingly useless for anything valuable or productive.

They have pretty much destroyed this site, I don't understand why the mods don't just go back to their KOS tactics, I see nothing wrong with this tactic to start clamping down on this mess.

Yeah we can report as much as we like..but that never stops most of them. Did you know we actually had a mod-bot at one point in time? It was alittle wacky, but I feel like extreme measures are needed at this point.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#13CaptainLukaPosted 4/4/2013 7:51:06 PM
I've had multiple accounts here since '02 and I can easily say that this is the worst board there is. My ignore list sky rockets every time I visit. Try hitting other boards. If you have a 3DS, that board is pretty open and enthusiastic.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
http://i.minus.com/ibhGOcxiSygOh.gif
#14Stanger5150Posted 4/4/2013 7:56:41 PM
Now, people asking legit questions are called trolls by the real trolls.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#15Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 4/4/2013 8:16:58 PM
This is why we need the Gamefaqs RPG so we can throw fireballs at East vs West topics, or cast lightning at desperate trolls.
#16Mattywright77Posted 4/4/2013 8:19:02 PM
Ryphis_Demeanor posted...
This is why we need the Gamefaqs RPG so we can throw fireballs at East vs West topics, or cast lightning at desperate trolls.

Dont forget the lolli dungeon or paagg canyon.
---
Now playing : Mass Effect, Bulletstorm
#17KaliestoPosted 4/4/2013 8:19:28 PM

I think your on to something, I like this idea.

Posts have HP-bars

If a bad post appears, people have options of variety of internet attacks that can delete it if said post is viewed very badly.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#18zyrax2301Posted 4/4/2013 8:24:57 PM
Nope, not for me. Are you sure you didn't just get engaged or something?
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#19RyuuHou25Posted 4/4/2013 8:33:34 PM
There's a lot of trolling people or just those with bad attitudes on here, that's true.

But there are people with genuine problems, concerns, questions, and that's what I come on here for, to try and help or to actually ask some myself if I have them.

Everyone else I either just ignore, or if I'm bored, mess with them.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#20boredofyouPosted 4/4/2013 8:34:37 PM
Kaliesto posted...

I think your on to something, I like this idea.

Posts have HP-bars

If a bad post appears, people have options of variety of internet attacks that can delete it if said post is viewed very badly.

THE AVERAGE TROLL HAS MORE ACCOUNTS THAN YOU.
Alas.. This is a battle we cannot win.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.