This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone playing Terraria?

#1Still__RippinPosted 4/4/2013 8:02:12 PM
Let's get the negativity out of the way early shall we? Yes, l know it's cheaper on PC. Yes, l know that that's where the mods are. I bought it on my PS3 to play with my PS3 friends.

So, this game is simply amazing. I was a little put off at the terrible tutorial admittedly. Of course, some of that was definitely UE on my part lol. But, the game really picked up for me once l got the mechanics down. I built a crappy little hut of a house and l was proud. Then, I had an idea on how to improve it. I ran to go start chopping down trees (and planting the seeds for new ones of course, everyone needs trees :P) and l collected myself a lot of wood. Then l started building and building and building. Good GOD!!!! This is so addicting. I have spent 80% of my time with the game just building a gigantic underground lair of a house complete with an awesome castle layered in gold on the top. It's so damn fun, and HUGE. Well, at least when you pick the large world ahaha. So, anyone else just loving Terraria?
---
Oddly enough, l can't think of a sig right now. Please, feel free to suggest one for me.
#2mogar002Posted 4/4/2013 8:04:46 PM
nope
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#3Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:05:28 PM
mogar002 posted...
nope

lf you give me a reason why with a reply more than 3 sentences l may have a heart attack.
---
Oddly enough, l can't think of a sig right now. Please, feel free to suggest one for me.
#4ModernFOXXPosted 4/4/2013 8:06:46 PM
how many people can you play with at 1 time? Was wondering because i want to pick it up, ad so do my friends
---
Why Albert...why? ~Sincerely, a Cardinals fan...No loyalty at all from what could've been the greatest Card ever, Albert Pujols.-------PSN: ANDR0iD_v3
#5Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:07:43 PM
ModernFOXX posted...
how many people can you play with at 1 time? Was wondering because i want to pick it up, ad so do my friends

You can have up to 8 players in co op :)
---
#6gtaking5Posted 4/4/2013 8:15:22 PM(edited)
Downloaded the demo. Played through it until the tutorial told me to build a house. At that point I had been able to make my decision on the controls, and as such, whether I should buy the PSN version. The answer is a big fat no. Sure I can click R3 to change the cursor mode, but it's just not the same. Maybe I could eventually get the hang of it, but it seems to far off, and a waste of money, seeing as I already own the game, and Red has decided he wants to continue on the PC version. So the promise of exclusive console content may just get thrown in the garbage. If it doesn't, the PC version will have superior exclusive content, and much bigger worlds.

But Terraria is indeed addicting. But not on the Minecraft level unless you have friends to play with. I could play Minecraft solo for years and never get bored, and I have been doing it since 9:55:57PM August 25th, 2010(yes, that's when I installed and shortly after, played Minecraft for the first time ever. The years just fly by). I can not do it with Terraria though.

I will say this though. If and when they do a KB/M update, the 14.99 required for the PSN version will be spent. Or I'll just download it for free when it eventually, and obviously it will, come to PS+ in the next few months.

Until then, I'll just hold out for the eventual Minecraft PSN release. That I can manage with a controller, because I have played the PC version with a PS3 controller for scientific purposes a while back. It works great. Except the sensitivity of the item hot bar is way to damn fast, and I can't change it cause Motionjoy won't let me.
---
We used to call it speed, but now it's crystal meth
Back when I loved you but you're scaring me to death
#7Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:19:26 PM
gtaking5 posted...
Downloaded the demo. Played through it until the tutorial told me to build a house. At that point I had been able to make my decision on the controls, and as such, whether I should buy the PSN version. The answer is a big fat no. Sure I can click R3 to change the cursor mode, but it's just not the same. Maybe I could eventually get the hang of it, but it seems to far off, and a waste of money, seeing as I already own the game, and Red has decided he wants to continue on the PC version. So the promise of exclusive console content may just get thrown in the garbage. If it doesn't, the PC version will have superior exclusive content, and much bigger worlds.

But Terraria is indeed addicting. But not on the Minecraft level unless you have friends to play with. I could play Minecraft solo for years and never get bored, and I have been doing it since 9:55:57PM August 25th, 2010(yes, that's when I installed and shortly after, played Minecraft for the first time ever. The years just fly by). I can not do it with Terraria though.

I will say this though. If and when they do a KB/M update, the 14.99 required for the PSN version will be spent. Or I'll just download it for free when it eventually, and obviously it will, come to PS+ in the next few months.

Until then, I'll just hold out for the eventual Minecraft PSN release. That I can manage with a controller, because I have played the PC version with a PS3 controller for scientific purposes a while back. It works great. Except the sensitivity of the item hot bar is way to damn fast, and I can't change it cause Motionjoy won't let me.

If the cursor is your big problem l really don't see a problem. It's fairly easy once you get used to moving it around and can be done quite quickly. And, the first option for it is still useful while mining as it will automatically hit the 3 block portions without you having to do anything but move and hold R1. I actually prefer Terraria to Minecraft because of it's 2D presentation. But, to each their own. l can also see how it would be a bit harder to adjust after playing the PC version too.
---
#8gtaking5Posted 4/4/2013 8:28:29 PM(edited)
Yeah I know I'd be able to get used to the weird cursor, but I don't feel like it'd be worth the investment now that Red has come back with a massive update.

And I can see how automatically hitting the three blocks would be very useful. But, from what I've experienced in the demo, digging down with it is awkward and making a hellivator would be a disaster.
---
Shut your mouth 'cause you're talking too much
And I don't give a f*** anyway
#9Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:29:09 PM
gtaking5 posted...
Yeah I know I'd be able to get used to the weird cursor, but I don't feel like it'd be worth the investment now that Red has come back with a massive update.

And I can see how automatically hitting the three blocks would be very useful. But, from what I've experienced in the demo, digging down with it awkward and making a hellivator would be a disaster.

My friend actually constructed me a perfect 3 block hellivator in under an hour. Only took that long because of all the water/lava that he had to divert.
---
- He doesn't row?
- No, he DOESN'T row.
#10PurelyDivinePosted 4/4/2013 9:03:37 PM
I played it a long time ago when it first came out on PC.

I unlocked and got everything, then stopped playing.

Now, after many patches, there's so much stuff in the game it's hard to keep track, so I decided I wouldn't bother getting back into the game.
---
I love Deidara. She's so hot - photobucket.com/albums/m560/theblaz1/DEIDARA.jpg
I love Cloud. She's so hot - photobucket.com/albums/m560/theblaz1/CLOUD.jpg