This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst HD collection/port out there?

#1BladeDog911Posted 4/4/2013 8:15:13 PM
ZoEHD had slower framerate than the original and had a glitchy cutscene, but the 2nd game was special edition and the graphics look alot better. and atleast it was playable. The only part the framerate is pretty much the same is when you have to go down to the basement using the elevators. for some reason the framerate goes up there. Oh and the final boss. It lagged in the ps2 version too.

Verdict: PS2 versions are better, but if you don't have the ps2 or can't find the originals, the HD versions are worth it. Framerate issues aren't as bad as people make it out to be, but ps2 versions are better.

Prince Of Persia HD has notorious bugs and freezing problems, but the ps2 versions had them too. But why they hell didn't they fix them?

Verdict: No difference from the ps2 versions, but no improvement what so ever is stupid.

Silent Hill HD IS THE WORST HD PORT EVER!! Why? Well first of all, lets say you're playing SH3 on a crappy emulator on a crappy computer. THATS WHAT THE HD COLLECTION PLAYS LIKE. It lags like crazy, the framerate is terrible, the fog is gone, and some of the music was non-existant. The imfamous pyramid head cutscene was glitched, and enemies can hit you while the game is loading. Oh and you know how its a HD remake? Well the graphics look worse than the originals. Unforgivable. Patch fixed most of the issues, but the damage has already been done...and it still plays like crap. Marias eye is still a teeth in one cutscene, both games still freezes and lags, and fog still looks awful.

TL;DR? THIS HD PORT IS terrible

what did you think? was there a worse HD remake?
#2VarronPosted 4/4/2013 8:19:58 PM
Nope.

/topic
---
PSN: Snippuh
Raptr: Snippuh
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 4/4/2013 8:20:26 PM
Splinter Cell HD
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#4RayconPosted 4/4/2013 8:22:11 PM(edited)
Addendum: SotC HD collection is a NIGHTMARE for completionists. If you're anything like me and want to do all the time attacks, be prepared for the most excruciating agony of your life. I have a never played a game with a challenge as broken and unfair as Hard Time Attack #3. The same trial would be nearly effortless on the PS2 version due to the much more stable grip.

As for those who don't care about extras, game is perfectly fine and playable. A little less reliable on grip, but nothing that ruins the game in any real way.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#5mgs4fan540Posted 4/4/2013 8:22:04 PM
tony Hawk's pro skater HD.

They ****ed up the physics, and the controls are bad and the graphics look terrible.
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#6BladeDog911(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:23:25 PM
Raycon posted...
Addendum: SotC HD collection is a NIGHTMARE for completionists. If you're anything like me and want to do all the time attacks, be prepared for the most excruciating agony of your life. I have a never played a game with a challenge as broken and unfair as Hard Time Attack #3. The same trial would be nearly effortless on the PS2 version due to the much more stable grip.

As for those who don't care about extras, game is perfectly fine and playable. A little less reliable on grip, but nothing that ruins the game in any real way.

Oh, you mean the 3rd colossus in hard time attack.

I will never platinum SoTC.
#7RayconPosted 4/4/2013 8:27:04 PM
BladeDog911 posted...
Raycon posted...

Oh, you mean the 3rd colossus in hard time attack.

I will never platinum SoTC.

Yes, that one. #15 on Hard is another really migraine inducing one if you don't take advantage of a couple tricks (that wouldn't otherwise be necessary on the PS2 version), but #3 is the bane of any person's existence if they're looking for a fair trial. Nothing but blind luck will you see you through that, and this is coming from someone who has done it.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#8flame030191Posted 4/4/2013 8:27:10 PM
While I still loved it, my vote goes to DBZ Collection. Budokai 1 aged HORRIBLY and all the music (except Rock the Dragon, thankfully) was replaced by really unfitting music.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#9huyiPosted 4/4/2013 9:08:03 PM
Raycon posted...

It's not just one time trial that was messed up, all of the trials are, i broke a controller because of the time trials, the times were strict (they changed the times for the hd collection) and the hand grip problem got in the way, i did get platinum eventually though.

And i agree about tony hawks hd, most of the content included was stripped away for dlc, and the game was completely broken, its nothing compared to the original, why can't devs just leave the controls alone and just update the resolution? Even better they should have released a hd trilogy of underground, th3 and 4, i would have been happy with that.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#10CoolBoySlim15Posted 4/4/2013 9:25:54 PM
Medal Of Honor: Frontline.
---
PSN: CoolBoySlim15