This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Plesant Surprise games

#11HolyMcmolyPosted 4/4/2013 9:28:23 PM
Halo 4. Thought it would be just another cup of cow milk, but to my surprise it became my favorite Halo. I know it's the PS3 board, but that was the most recent pleasant surprise for me. Seriously though, stop making Halo's.
#12jrr18Posted 4/4/2013 9:42:55 PM
HolyMcmoly posted...
Halo 4. Thought it would be just another cup of cow milk, but to my surprise it became my favorite Halo. I know it's the PS3 board, but that was the most recent pleasant surprise for me. Seriously though, stop making Halo's.

4 was the start of a new trilogy.
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#13SigmaHacielPosted 4/4/2013 9:44:11 PM
Movie64 posted...
What games did you expect that you wouldn't like ,but end up liking.

Er, I think the First Sonic And All-Stars Racing game is one for me. Got it for a gift, didn't exactly think It would be good since most Mario Kart Clones are mediocre at best. Ended up loving it.

It isn't a Mario Kart clone.

It is more like the polished version of that Diddy Racing on the 64 with the giant purple magic hippo, etc.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#14heartlesshero17Posted 4/4/2013 9:55:29 PM
CaptainLuka posted...
As weird as this sounds, Nier.

It was a surprise for me since it passed completely under my radar until four days from release. I bought it on a whim since it looked interesting and the story just promptly blew my mind. Sleeper hit of the decade imo.

Going with this. I pretty much played it for kicks with hardly any knowledge on it. Didn't even take it serious at first. And then when I first got to the village and heard devola singing that song. Voice was beautiful and the fad in effect as I got closer was a nice touch. Was pretty impressed by that and started taking it more serious.

My favorite rpg this gen. Wasn't until later that I realized that it was connected to drakengard, which I also liked. Made it even better
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#15namethatno1usesPosted 4/4/2013 10:38:07 PM
Nier

Expected a decent game. Got a superb one, one of my favorites of the entire generation.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#16md22mdrxPosted 4/4/2013 10:53:58 PM
2 worlds 2 ... outside the awful final battle.
#17md22mdrxPosted 4/4/2013 11:10:43 PM
Almost forgot ....

Folklore

Very linear, but very fun. Amazing setting and environment.
#18digitalwill2000Posted 4/4/2013 11:18:26 PM
Borderlands 2, I preordered it and got borderlands 1 free and I hated borderlands 1 when I played it. Borderlands 2 was great though.

Hitman Absolution
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#19velvet_hammerPosted 4/4/2013 11:20:20 PM
Defiance came out of now where and its an awesome tps mmo
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#20SpurnerPosted 4/4/2013 11:22:37 PM
The Walking Dead

I had nothing else to do the night the 3rd episode dropped, so I bought the season pass. I had not read up on the game, so I had no idea what I was in for.