This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My Stats Project idea

#1gvampPosted 4/4/2013 9:54:35 PM
I'm taking Stats this semester and for our final project my idea is to compare review scores for a Xbox 360 and PS3 version of the game but I'm noticing major sites like IGN and GS give the same score for both versions of the game. So is there any sites out there that give the PS3 and Xbox 360 version different scores?

If not then I might modify my project to sales for games
---
Proud ownr of Xbox 360 Slim w/ Kinect; PS3 with Move, PS Vita, Wii (Black), 3DS XL, Gaming PC and soon to be Wii U Deluxe.
#2SigmaHacielPosted 4/4/2013 9:55:07 PM
I'd probably take scores across a TON of sites and do like an aggregate.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#3gvamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:58:14 PM
I asked my teacher about using the meta score and he said I couldn't because it averages them and that would throw off the results we need for the project. I'll repharse it like that to him and see what he says.

But its looking like I'm going to have to go with the sales figures route.
---
Proud ownr of Xbox 360 Slim w/ Kinect; PS3 with Move, PS Vita, Wii (Black), 3DS XL, Gaming PC and soon to be Wii U Deluxe.
#4PhaseSlaethePosted 4/4/2013 9:59:43 PM
Which you can't get accurate figures for either.

As people confuse "shipped" with "sold".

Though technically, shipped is actually sold somewhere in the chain of events.
#5gvamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:02:38 PM
I know the figures wouldn't be 100% accurate for since they change so drastically I'd just pu a disclaimer that the data was taken at a certain period
---
#6PhaseSlaethePosted 4/4/2013 10:03:34 PM
...How is he going to accept largely wrong numbers over aggregates?
#7gvamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 4:09:11 PM
Just spoke to my teacher if the aggregate is an average of scores then I can't use it because it'll throw off the correlation part of the project so basically I need to either come up with 30 multiplat PS3 and Xbox 360 games that have different scores or I can use the sales figures as of 2012 for games. Or I can try and find a site that gives different review scores for each platform.

Any suggestions on which would be easier? I could always chose PS2/Xbox generation games since the scores should be different.
---
#8gvamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 12:14:22 AM
Looks like I'm going to do the sales option so my new question is where would I find that information at is there any sites out there dedicated to it?
---