This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prequel, sequel, or the one in the middle? Which do you prefer the most?

#1Junpei_StupeiPosted 4/5/2013 2:08:55 AM
Prequel, sequel, or the one in the middle? Which do you prefer the most in your PS3 games? - Results (54 votes)
Prequel
5.56% (3 votes)
Middle
25.93% (14 votes)
Sequel
44.44% (24 votes)
Metroid: Other M is the best game in the series
7.41% (4 votes)
Yoichi Wada is my father.
16.67% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I don't care which one wins, but prequel is my favorite since it brings out the most nostalgia out of the three for me. Their endings are also usually sad because it is needed for the starting problem of the next game (which is the first game in the series).

Prequels are not always good though. Just look at God of War: Ascension.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#2TheTrueNubPosted 4/5/2013 2:41:56 AM
Sequels.

I like to know what happened afterwards and what effect the events in the first game had.

Prequels are kind of cool in really big universes with lots of history though.

Like a Warcraft game based on the War of the Ancients would be just as awesome as Warcraft 4 taking place after whenever WoW decides to stop.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#3stawg007Posted 4/5/2013 2:52:50 AM
Sequel

Prequels are fine too but more often than not they're not ass good but on tge rare occasion you'll get something amazing like MGS3
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#4RioichiCooperPosted 4/5/2013 3:27:48 AM
I don't know what to say about the fourth option.
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#5Castiel39Posted 4/5/2013 3:40:09 AM
Metroid Prime: Other M is the best game in the series.
#6Junpei_Stupei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 3:43:29 AM(edited)
Castiel39 posted...

I voted for this one too.

I love Team Ninja! Gaming would be terrible without them. I hate Retro Studios! Nintendo should fire them.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#7RioichiCooperPosted 4/5/2013 3:48:10 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
Castiel39 posted...
I voted for this one too.

Are you honestly forgetting Super Metroid? It's Japanese so I don't understand why you of all people would ignore it.
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#8Godly_GoofPosted 4/5/2013 4:06:24 AM
On PS3? Sequels

Overall? Tough call, depends entirely on the game series.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#9Pharsti01Posted 4/5/2013 4:22:35 AM
Sequels.

I like things to go forward time goes on, maybe its the same protagonist, maybe not, maybe the world changed, maybe not, whatever the case, i like to know what happens NEXT.

I really dislike prequels thou, it feels like reading a book or playing a game in which i already know the end... Sure, it might be good, it might be interesting and usually its essential to understand the whole media, but i still feel like it lacks something due to me knowing the ultimate end. I still trudge throu most of them, i just never end up enjoying them as much as i know a sequel would.

Middle.... eh, its ok, a different perspective, i can dig that, better than a prequel, not as good as a sequel.
#10Tricked Out HoroPosted 4/5/2013 5:52:20 AM
Prequel, just because of my immense love of DMC3 and MGS3.
---
Gear Second.