This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lucas Arts closing a good thing

#1GuitaristMattPosted 4/5/2013 12:31:59 PM
First, I know it is really upsetting that we will never ever ever ever ever (starts crying) ever get Battlefront III. Also, that Star Wars 1313 will most likely never see the light (the same might happen to Versus here). Instead we will be getting more Angry Birds Star Wars games (not confirmed or anything just an example), but that means we have a chance at getting more Star Wars RPGs like Knights of the Old Republic. Maybe Disney will license it out to Bethesda or Ubisoft. Either of them could do a good bounty hunter game. So don't cry there is still hope!

Warning: I still think Versus XIII will come out so maybe it is a bad thing.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/5/2013 12:32:41 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
. Maybe Disney will license it out to Bethesda or Ubisoft. Either of them could do a good bounty hunter game.

lolno
#3jrr18Posted 4/5/2013 12:34:28 PM
I've alway thought the Beth needed an open world non wastland scifi game.
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#4Video_Game_CzarPosted 4/5/2013 12:34:58 PM

Only someone that has never played any of their outstanding pc games would say something that dumb.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#5Dawud141Posted 4/5/2013 12:36:25 PM
disney ruin everything
#6DevilTears604Posted 4/5/2013 12:37:32 PM
I think Disney's just going to let the properties just sit there and not do anything with them. They're one of those huge, multinational corporations that really wouldn't care if a game sold 5 million copies. There's really not enough money for them to pay attention to.

Unless we're extremely fortunate, I don't think we'll ever see these licenses again.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#7RobobroPosted 4/5/2013 12:37:44 PM
Dawud141 posted...
disney ruin everything

Yes, The Avengers was so terrible.

Yeah, the prequels are the best Star Wars movies ever!

Lucas Arts sure have made a lot of GOTY games the last several years, especially The Force Unleashed 2!
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3o94p9bU81r4lquro1_500.png
#8ToastyAnakinPosted 4/5/2013 12:38:17 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...

Only someone that has never played any of their outstanding pc games would say something that dumb.

I am assuming these outstanding pc games were made in the 90s or 80s?

Honestly, did you have any hope of them reclaiming such greatness?

I am sorry that those employees lost their jobs but LucasArts has been a trainwreck for the last six years or so.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#9RyuVegasPosted 4/5/2013 12:39:39 PM
ToastyAnakin posted...

I am assuming these outstanding pc games were made in the 90s or 80s?

Honestly, did you have any hope of them reclaiming such greatness?

I am sorry that those employees lost their jobs but LucasArts has been a trainwreck for the last six years or so.

This. Past glory doesn't make up for recent-to-present failures.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: FE:Awakening, C:LoS:MirrorOfFate
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#10GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 12:43:06 PM(edited)

Really, I can't remember when the last good one was released. The last monkey island was 2010, with the special edition in Europe like 2011? I believe so. They've been doing nothing but publishing games lately, not even producing. Star Wars galaxies was shutdown last year, and that wasn't too good in my opinion obviously. Everything is an opinion.

edit: I know employees are fired after every game released, but they have been slowly dwindling down to just a few people the last 5 years.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB