This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow!(Gamestop rant)

#1Liv3urwayPosted 4/5/2013 3:11:32 PM
I decided to take advantage of EB Games' trade 2 get $60 deal by trading in Playstation All-Stars and Persona 4 so I can get a controller bundle. I tell the clerk that i want to trade in those 2 games in exchange for the controller bundle since the value of it is equivalent to $60, excluding tax. The clerk then tells me the t2 for $60 only applies if you purchase Injustice: Gods Among Us. At this point, i was pretty upset because no where on their "Most Wanted" list or on their t2 get $60 promo does it state only applicable if you purchase Injustice: Gods Among Us. So i just took my games and left. Not going to shop at a store that excludes specific details regarding restrictions on their promos to their customers .

P.S. Also, i don't live in Winnipeg so restrictions don't apply.

Also if you don't believe me here's a link to their promo section

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/specialty/tradeins/
#2PhaseSlaethePosted 4/5/2013 3:12:35 PM
"

TRADE 2, GET $60!
When you trade in 2 games worth $15 or more in trade

Trade 2 games, worth $15 or more in trade, and get $60 trade credit towards these titles: God of War: Ascension & Tomb Raider
Offer ends April 7, 2013. Offer is only valid while new titles are prices at $59.99. Cannot be combined with other trade offers. Game traded must be in full working condition to receive full value. Activation fees may apply. Subject to manager approval. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Game must be traded in one day after purchase. No dealers allowed. Offer subject to change at anytime. Offer valid at participating stores. Restrictions apply in Winnipeg. See sales associate for complete details "
#3MadDewgPosted 4/5/2013 3:16:59 PM(edited)
Yeah, this one is pretty much your fault for not reading the pretty damn clear fine print.....you know what, **** it....gamestop SUCKS!!!!!! Friggin' gamestop employee kicked my puppy, damn them, damn them to hell.

*Also, common sense should have already told you that there is no way in hell you was getting 60 dollars for those two specific games you were trading in. You should have already known there was going to be a catch, like for example one of the games being traded in had to be something recent, like tomb raider or something*
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, fire emblem awakening, one piece pirate warriors, borderlands 2, rogue galaxy, fire emblem radiant dawn, dust:
#4agrissaPosted 4/5/2013 3:14:34 PM
You should have known better. This is Gamestop we're talking about.
---
DMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DmC
#5DefYouthPosted 4/5/2013 3:15:33 PM
Dude, no way! How can I get in on this incredible offer?
---
"The beautiful ones always smash the picture...always, every time."
#6Video_Game_CzarPosted 4/5/2013 3:19:36 PM
Their fault you can't read?

Also, As someone that knows a bunch of people that work for Gamestop...They hate you guys as much as you hate them...the only difference is they have a job and have been laid.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#7zerooo0Posted 4/5/2013 3:21:21 PM
MadDewg posted...
Yeah, this one is pretty much your fault for not reading the pretty damn clear fine print.....you know what, **** it....gamestop SUCKS!!!!!! Friggin' gamestop employee kicked my puppy, damn them, damn them to hell.

*Also, common sense should have already told you that there is no way in hell you was getting 60 dollars for those two specific games you were trading in. You should have already known there was going to be a catch, like for example one of the games being traded in had to be something recent, like tomb raider or something*

This TC, learn common sense.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Cyborg.
#8PhaseSlaethePosted 4/5/2013 3:22:18 PM
Technically you should be glad you were given ANY kind of deal.

P4 is worth below $15.
#9Draconas_LyrrPosted 4/5/2013 3:22:33 PM
How can I get Gamestop to kick my dog?
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#10Liv3urway(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 3:22:41 PM
MadDewg posted...

Dude the 2 games were part of their most wanted list so i could've taken advantage of the deal. Also, last time i did a t2 with them, they never had this regulation before. Although its kinda strange why they wouldn't accept my offer since they're not losing any money. However, i do admit i should've read the thing more carefully.