This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are Western reviewers biased against Japanese games?

#11LemonKweenstaaa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 7:27:46 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12PhaseSlaethePosted 4/6/2013 7:32:18 AM
jubjub360 posted...
If by argument you mean something too small to even be considered a minority.

How many "Triple A" titles are padded in scores by paychecks and special services?

Gamefailers didn't pepper their website with every Dragon Age 2 skin available because it was a good game.

Oh now we're using conspiracy theories. How cute.

Oh now we're discounting reality because we realized we have no argument. Adorable.
#13AlltraPosted 4/6/2013 7:35:44 AM
Only if Western Reviewers are biased against cutesy, over the top, excessively lighthearted and crazy content.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#14AnthonM2Posted 4/6/2013 7:39:02 AM
I made a topic "Anyone else stopped buying western games cause the western media is anti-japan" but the moderator deleted my topic saying my topic is out of topic, and this topic is not deleted, why?
#15ManservicePosted 4/6/2013 7:44:53 AM
Most Japanese games are mediocre, otaku-pandering crap developed on shoestring budgets. Of course Western reviewers aren't going to give them AA or AAA scores just to please a few weeaboos.

It's usually only high-quality Japanese games, like MGS4, Super Mario Galaxy, Ni no Kuni, ect. that recieve critical acclaim. Anyone who complains about crappy games like Neir and Neptunia getting crappy scores from Western reviewers is a delusional weeb.
#16thesnoopmeisterPosted 4/6/2013 7:46:27 AM
AnthonM2 posted...
I made a topic "Anyone else stopped buying western games cause the western media is anti-japan" but the moderator deleted my topic saying my topic is out of topic, and this topic is not deleted, why?

He is asking a question, where as you made a stupid statement.
#17PhaseSlaethePosted 4/6/2013 7:47:19 AM
Manservice posted...
Most Japanese games are mediocre, otaku-pandering crap developed on shoestring budgets. Of course Western reviewers aren't going to give them AA or AAA scores just to please a few weeaboos.

It's usually only high-quality Japanese games, like MGS4, Super Mario Galaxy, Ni no Kuni, ect. that recieve critical acclaim. Anyone who complains about crappy games like Neir and Neptunia getting crappy scores from Western reviewers is a delusional weeb.

And yet NieR had more creativity than most of the Western-release games this gen.

Also, considering the fact that we changed an "8" to mean average instead of "exceptional", we re-designed what qualifies as "crappy".
#18flintzPosted 4/6/2013 7:50:10 AM
so many japanese games have been reviewed very well by westerners....
---
"Hans! Look alive! Take the helm! We'll show that fishbowl thing how real men of the sea retreat!" -Captain of the Thames, Xenogears
#19AnthonM2Posted 4/6/2013 7:59:20 AM
thesnoopmeister posted...
AnthonM2 posted...

He is asking a question, where as you made a stupid statement.

No it's out of topic like this one, and the statement is %100 true, a lot of people posted great posts in that topic and agree with me, sadly i didn't save it, I didn't expect the moderator will delete it, a lot of out topic posts in this board but what can I do, he's the moderator.
#20ManservicePosted 4/6/2013 8:06:26 AM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Manservice posted...

And yet NieR had more creativity than most of the Western-release games this gen.

According to who, a handful of weebs? Like their opinion means squat.